INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Built in guider won't calibrate

• Thank you received: 109

Replied by Jim on topic Built in guider won't calibrate

Tried with auto star on and off. Here are my settings screens for the simulator. It is still hanging.

6 years 3 months ago #21798
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

and the scope settings

One other thing just occurred to me. I am having this issue on both machines I have tried it on, but they are both Fedora. I wonder if something could be wrong with the build?
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Jim. Reason: thoughts
6 years 3 months ago #21799
Attachments:

How can devices you have in the "Via"? I has a problem similar to this that I fixed in GIT (but not yet published in PPA).

EDIT: Ok I triggered KStars PPA build, see if that resolves this issue for you.
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
6 years 3 months ago #21800

• Thank you received: 11
Upgraded via PPA moments ago; Guiding Calibration and Auto Guide works fine. I also notice the Drift Graphics, Drift Plot and RMS fields are now dynamic which wasn't the case earlier.
Skywatcher 190MN - EQ6 Pro (with Belt Mod) - ASI1600MM-Cooled - ASI EFW7 - ASI120MM - WO f4 Guide Scope - Rigel nStep - KStars/Ekos - KDE - PixInsight
6 years 3 months ago #21807

• Thank you received: 809
Are you saying kcobby that you had the Drift Plot on your screen before your last update, but you couldn't zoom in and out on it? That is strange I both added it and made it zoomable in the same patch!
6 years 3 months ago #21808

• Thank you received: 11
No rlancaste. I'm saying the Drift Graphic was a flat line, the Drift Plot showed no motion at all (didn't try to zoom previously) and the RMS fields were xxx out. All works super fine now.
Skywatcher 190MN - EQ6 Pro (with Belt Mod) - ASI1600MM-Cooled - ASI EFW7 - ASI120MM - WO f4 Guide Scope - Rigel nStep - KStars/Ekos - KDE - PixInsight
6 years 3 months ago #21809

Yes, so it seems the simulator was not a valid test. That should have been the telescope simulator. With my real equipment, it is set to EQmod mount.

With Fedora, I use the lupinix packages, so will have to wait for him to pick up the change or compile from source. To stay consistent though, I should wait for the package as it would be one less variable. Thanks for looking into this everyone.
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Jim. Reason: clarifications
6 years 3 months ago #21813

Tonight, the clouds finally parted, and I was able to set up and try to gather some data. The internal guiding was driving crazy. I had gotten it to work on a laptop, but still not on my main desktop where I do most of my astro work. I think I finally have found a correlation between having the check box selected for dithering when not guiding, and the guiding not calibrating.

My assumption was that if I check this box I would get dithering when I did not have guiding set up. This would be great for shorter exposures. I also figured that if guiding was set up or was being set up, this check box wouldn't do anything. I think I was just using it wrong, or have uncovered a bug. Either way, when I uncheck the box, the guide does the multiple captures and drifting exactly how it used to.

Hope this helps somebody else.

Jim
6 years 3 months ago #21900

Ok Thanks for narrowing it up. I found and fixed the issue, should be in 2.9.0 release.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim
6 years 3 months ago #21907

Time to create page: 0.245 seconds