INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos - TheSKYX - RPI3, and potential PHD2

• Thank you received: 24
Hi,

I am considering at getting a new mount, potentially a Paramount.

Is anyone successfully running a Myt/Mx+ using a RPI3 with TheSKYX, PHD2 and Ekos/INDI/Kstars? I understand I can just use TSX, yet I am curious.

I am concerned about RAM and CPU, and whether there is enough resources to make all this realistically work.

Currently I have used the RPI3 and Ekos to run a CGEMDX, Moonlight focuser, ASI EFW/1600mm-c/173mm.

Thank you
6 years 3 months ago #21644

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

There is no protocol to control paramount directly (that I know of). You can ask them for this, but I doubt you'll get anything.. so you have to use TheSkyX server (it runs on Linux) and THEN use INDI Paramount driver.
6 years 3 months ago #21649

yes this is my understanding too. I was hoping to understand if anyone else has tried this combination and if the memory footprint allowed things to work.
6 years 3 months ago #21670

• Thank you received: 2
Hello - I am wondering if anyone has successfully done this - Use Ekos to coordinate both TSX and PHD2 through the TSX server?

Thank you for your input
Mike
5 years 9 months ago #26704

• Thank you received: 20
I run TSX with Ekos on Linux daily. It works. There are some caveats that I've not gotten around to reporting tho. These are mainly around the park/unpark state of the mount.

As for RPi, I tested it a bit but found the Rpi3 doesn't have enough RAM to run TSX and Ekos concurrently.

I haven't used PHD.
5 years 9 months ago #26705

I have changed from RPI to Rock64 (no wifi, but 4GB ram and faster than RPI) with a fair bit of success. TSX is running fine. I have yet to get back to Ekos and plan to as clear nights come. TSX guiding and close loop slews are working very well On C11 with Myt at F10.

Hopefully I can report back in a few weeks.
5 years 9 months ago #26740

Time to create page: 0.484 seconds