INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Download times for DSLR

• Thank you received: 66

Download times for DSLR was created by Greg

I thought the long download time (30-40 secs) was due to the wifi connection on the RPi3 but now I think it may be from my camera (Pentax K-5II) to the RPi.

I have Kstars on a RPi3 (StellarMate) remotely connected via wifi to a MacBook Air running Kstars locally. When I click preview. The shutter is actuated and then comes the long wait. Now I've noticed that it doesn't actually say downloading until the very end and its only for a fraction of a second. So the short delay looks like download from the RPi to my laptop. So why the long delay (30-40 sec) before the download begins? Is it taking this much time get the file off the camera? (Everything is USB 2.0) Is the delay with GPhoto2 capture? Anybody characterize these delays? Thanks
6 years 3 months ago #21655

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 32
I don't know for sure, but I think it's the download from the camera itself. I changed from Wifi to Ethernet on the Raspberry Pi 2 and it improved signal robustness like crazy, download and upload speeds are also fast enough to get 1 raw file back way quicker than 30-40sec. So I think it must be the camera. But I also remember a developer of Sequence Generator Pro, mentioning longer download times due to the INDI drivers. It might be both.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greg
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Vincent Groenewold.
6 years 3 months ago #21659

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.865 seconds