INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Multiple Ekos to one INDI server

• Thank you received: 109
Greetings friends,

On occasion I have a desire to have a laptop as well as a desktop computer hooked to the INDI server on my pier. Things like adjusting the manual focus on the guider, or checking the polar alignment are such cases. There are a couple of things that preclude this from being a completely smooth operation. I am wondering if this is something that should just work, or is not expected to work.

The problems I have seen include the last connected computer "winning". That is, if I connect with the laptop after the desktop has been established, the desktop Ekos will sometimes crash or otherwise stop responding normally. I can grab logs if this is something that should work and is not for me.

The other problem I see is when doing an alignment, the alignment configuration is not shared to the other computer. Ekos will not show any synced stars. I would imagine this is more of Ekos not knowing of the other instance of Ekos than having anything to do with the INDI drivers on the server, but wanted to check.

I get around all this by shutting Ekos down and disconnecting from INDI on the desktop if I need to fire up the laptop, but it would save some time if they could co-exist.

Thanks in advance for any insights!

Jim
6 years 3 months ago #21880

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.469 seconds