INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

enable to polar align?

• Thank you received: 223
Before I start, this is a 400+miles remote alignment... I can't go for a walk in the back garden...
After waiting for weeks for a clear night, tonight is the night !!!!! So I decided to have someone do some visual checks while I operate the box/telescope from a very long distance....

Tried the polar alignment tool to check how far out I am, and found an interesting issue which is maybe intentional.
The mount is apparently quite far out, you can see it in the following nova link.

After step one in the alignment procedure, I got the following message popped up:

At that point, No or Yes didn't have much effect.

I tried to carried on with the polar alignment but not much happened, the Auto mode didn't seem to do much.
Attempted it about 4 times, and got nowhere with it.

I either must be doing very wrong, or if Polaris is not in the field of view then the alignment does not work.
Using 2.9.1
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Gonzothegreat.
6 years 3 months ago #22385
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic enable to polar align?

Well, logs would help. On the other hand, the Legacy Polar Alignment Tool could be used if Polaris is far away, give it a go. It uses a different algorithm.
6 years 3 months ago #22401

• Thank you received: 223
I tried with the simulator after to check my steps and I think I might have done a mistake. I'll get someone over there to raise the RA a little bit with the bolts and I'll do another live Polar alignment.
Yes about the legacy tool but I don't really want to use it without me being there to look where the mount point.
6 years 3 months ago #22406

Time to create page: 0.233 seconds