INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Change to Guide Module with recent update?

• Thank you received: 420
It’s probably worth noting that my setup doesn’t use an RPi but simply a (2010) Dell laptop with Ubuntu Mate 17.10.1 (artful).
6 years 1 month ago #23220

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

If USB3 version produces same problem, it's probably time to call ZWO about this.
6 years 1 month ago #23221

And tell or ask them what exactly? Remember, guidng via ST4 on the USB3 versions works in PHD2. Just not in Ekos...
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Wouter van Reeven.
6 years 1 month ago #23222

In PHD2 you're using ZWO driver or INDI driver?
6 years 1 month ago #23223

I use the ZWO driver and on-cam guiding. I didn't even know it was possible to use the INDI driver in PHD2.
6 years 1 month ago #23224

• Thank you received: 182
I was using the ZWO driver that shows up in the PhD2 drop down menu. I don't remember whether that was there before I installed Indi and Ekos and whether the PhD2 ZWO driver is dependent upon the installation of Indi or whether the driver was included in one of the last PhD2 updates.
I agree with wvreeven: This problem's got to be rooted somewhere in Ekos, since the ST4 guiding worked until the January 29 update. Besides, nobody working at ZWO, they are out of the office until February 23 to celebrate Chinese New Year.
6 years 1 month ago #23225

Agreed, this is not Pi3 dependent. I also have Zotac PI332 pico with 4 GB of RAM running Ubuntu Mate 16.04. Behaves exactly the same in all respects as the Pi3 does.
6 years 1 month ago #23226

I tried this again now with the USB2 version of the ASI120MM and now I replicate the same problem I am having with the USB3 version! Sending guide pulses through the ASI120MM and ST4 connection from inside Indi Control panel and ZWO Guider Control results in movement in one direction only, with the mount rapidly drifting away. Guide pulses sent to the mount directly work fine in all 4 directions. I have not tried guiding in the field yet, will have to wait for at least one week, since I will be out of town again for the next few days.
6 years 1 month ago #23231

*face palm*

I found the problem. It was indeed a commit I merged a while back. So while checking the code again, I noted the WE guide function was using NS direction. It's fixed, compile now or wait until tomorrow PPA. Sorry about that, should have checked the code first.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wouter van Reeven, Leonard Bottleman, Jose Corazon
6 years 1 month ago #23232

That’s great Jasem! Can’t wait for tomorrow!
6 years 1 month ago #23233

• Thank you received: 16
I see that I introduced this bug. I tested the code using the ST4 port on an ASI174mini, but I was doing so on my Losmandy Titan, which still needed its worm block adjusted, and I put down the bad RMS to that, rather than a copy and paste error in the code!

Thanks for finding and fixing this.
6 years 1 month ago #23234

De nada!

That's great, Jasem! I am glad to find out I wasn't crazy and that I could be of some help with the troubleshooting.
Let's do it again sometime! :-))

And thanks for all the great work you are putting into maintaining this outstanding platform! I don't think most users realize how much work must be going into this.
Salut!
6 years 1 month ago #23236

Time to create page: 0.628 seconds