INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Change to Guide Module with recent update?

• Thank you received: 182

De nada!

That's great, Jasem! I am glad to find out I wasn't crazy and that I could be of some help with the troubleshooting.
Let's do it again sometime! :-))

And thanks for all the great work you are putting into maintaining this outstanding platform! I don't think most users realize how much work must be going into this.
Salut!
6 years 1 month ago #23236

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 182

wvreeven, I am very sorry, totally my fault! Those settings would make the deviations on your mount worse. I have two mounts, an Atlas Pro for my backyard and an iOptron SmartEQPro+ for traveling and grab and go. The values I gave you were for the SmartEQ, not for the Atlas. Even with those proportional gains, I can barely keep the guide errors within the 2" window on the SmartEQ. That mount has THE worst periodic error I can imagine!
For the Atlas Pro, I had to reduce the proportional gain - for guiding through the mount directly, not through the camera - from 133% to 100% with a guide rate of 0.5x sidereal. I.e. I reduced the amplitude of the corrections and thus the oscillations you and I have been seeing when guiding directly through the mount. With those gain values, guiding was good in my case. If you still see disproportional deflections, you may want to try to reduce the proportional gain further, I am not saying that I reached the optimal set point yet.
Hope that fixes the problem for you as well.
Best
Jo
6 years 1 month ago #23280

• Thank you received: 420
Thanks for the warning, Jo, and no problem. Last night I tried guiding with the ST4 port again (after updating KStars, indi etc) but unfortunately it still didn’t work. For internal guiding via EQMod I already had reset the configuration so no harm done there. I’ll try with lower Proportional Gain next time and see if that helps. Thanks!

Clear skies, Wouter
6 years 1 month ago #23282

Time to create page: 0.421 seconds