INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Problems taking CCD exposures

• Thank you received: 0
Hi Jasem or others,

Before ordering a Stellarmate device, I wanted to check out the Ekos software. In trying to do so, I am having difficulty taking an exposure with some devices locally to my Windows 8.1 PC. In particular, two StarlightXpress cameras - one a CCD, the other a Lodestar X2. I can get both to connect, but when I try taking an exposure, they won't complete the exposure, but rather just sit there busy. I can connect and use OK a filter wheel, however. I don't know if it is relevant, but the Frame sizes are odd and I can't seem to change them.

The following is my configuration:
1. Oracle's Virtual Box and Virtual Box Extension Pack were loaded.

2. The latest Ekos VM was loaded.

3. From the console inside Ekos, I ran the following to get the latest:
$sudo apt-get update
$sudo apt-get-upgrade.

4. I loaded the INDI server software on my PC. From the INDI Server, From the INDI Server Control Panel, I selected drivers for the above under "Available device" and moved them to the "Selected devices" column.I then Started the INDI Server.

5. I brought up the VM and then Kstars. From Kstars I selected the Ekos icon.

6. I setup a profile selecting SX CCD.

7. I then Start INDI from the Ekos screen and then Connect.

8. As I indicated above, I seem to be able to connect OK, but then when I try taking Sequence exposure, it just spins. I have tried both Local and Client connection options.

9. Could it be that the Frame error mentioned above is prohibiting the exposure from completing?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Dennis
6 years 1 month ago #23104

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ok I've already replied to your private message. Maybe one more thing to check is that USB2 support is enabled? I remember I had to enable it before. Check if that helps. But overall, do not expect the VM to work like the real thing, it's a hit and miss! It can work reliably with serial devices, but CCD cameras are another beast.
6 years 1 month ago #23105

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.346 seconds