INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

KStars 2.9.3 is released

• Thank you received: 0
I've roughly read the log of kstars.git, but couldn't find any possible cause of the issue.
Since 2.9.2 allows successful plate solver with the ANSVR local astrometry on Windows, it may be possible that some change in the Qt binaries/libraries is brought after the release of 2.9.2, which affects the behavior of networkAccessible().

I noticed that you modded the code onlineastrometryparser.cpp, and soon later, you reverted. I don't know why, but your mod would solve the issue. If you need any test, I'll help to test a revised binary on Windows.
6 years 3 weeks ago #23816

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 9
Ansvr is not working for me either. Only workaround afik is by adding astrometry to your auxiliary drivers and running it remotely from the pi to the windows pc.

When kstars windows would try to solve, it says it solves but then no other slew or sync command or wcs position behind the solve msg.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
6 years 3 weeks ago #23929

Can you apply my change to your local copy and compile and see if it resolves it?
6 years 3 weeks ago #23937

No, I cannot immediately. I'm new to Windows and recently introduced a note PC to use INDI in the field.
I could build kstars following the instruction on techbase.kde.org/Projects/Edu/KStars/Building_KStars_KF5, but it will take some time, since I have no development environment on my PC.

I would be better, if you build the modded kstras and send me a link to download the binary.
6 years 3 weeks ago #23943

• Thank you received: 809
if you are new to Windows, then what are you used to using a Mac or Linux? KStars works well on both of those platforms just as well and in some areas better than on Windows.
6 years 3 weeks ago #23944

I should clarify. KStars works fine on Windows, but it cannot run INDI natively on Windows. So there would be certain advantages to running it on a Linux or Mac system in the field in that you can run an INDIServer directly from KStars. On Windows you need the separate program INDIServer for Windows that uses ASCOM drivers. So I was wondering if you are new to Windows, why aren't you using whichever system you normally use to run KStars in the field?
6 years 3 weeks ago #23945

I've used a Macbook Air 11" for kstars, while the INDI server is running on RPi3, which is attached to the scope. Since the battery of the Air 11 runs in short time and the small display is not suited to use the kstras. I bought a Windows PC whose battery is more than twice of the Air 11 and has the FHD screen.
As I wrote above, the kstars 2.9.2 works so fine as on the Macbook, but the 2.9.3 has the issue on Wifi connection. If this issue is not solved by the forthcoming kstars, I will make my PC dual bootable with some Linux such as Ubuntu.
6 years 3 weeks ago #23946

Yeah, my mac's battery lasts between 5 and 10 hours so I'm not too worried about that. I also plan to have a battery in the field that I will plug it into.
6 years 3 weeks ago #23947

Hi, Jasem.
I've read how to build Kstars from sources on Windows, techbase.kde.org/Projects/Edu/KStars/Building_KStars_on_Windows, but it does not seem to be complete.
If you have an executable binary build from the revised source of astrometry parser, could you upload it and let me know the link to it?
6 years 2 weeks ago #23985

• Thank you received: 28

Replied by Michael on topic KStars 2.9.3 is released

Hi Jasem,

i moven on MAC from 2.9.1 to 2.9.3 release and got some problems with CCD Simulator:
Message: Got no stars, is gsc installed with appropriate environment variables set ??
The point is, that I installed with the wizard the GSC, I get images with stars without this message when using EKOS. I just get this message using INDI protocol to get an image. From my point of view this was OK in 2.9.1 ???

Any Idea ?

Best regards, Michel
Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by Michael.
6 years 2 weeks ago #23993

Hi Michel,

I'm a little confused by this because I don't think there is enough information in the post. So you are saying that you went from 2.9.1 to 2.9.3 in KStars and you are getting stars when you take a preview image in Ekos because you did install GSC. That sounds good. But you are saying that you are using INDI and get images with no stars. This is where more information is needed. Is KStars the client or is there another? Also how is the INDI Server being run? Are you running the internal INDI server with KStars and trying to access the images with another INDI client? Or are you running the INDIServer from the command line? Or are you running the INDIServer app? Which client is trying to access images and getting no stars?

Thanks,

Rob
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, Michael
6 years 2 weeks ago #23994

I made a quick KStars 2.9.3 Astrometry version available for download. Let me know if this version works.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Koichi Funakubo
Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
6 years 2 weeks ago #24004

Time to create page: 0.307 seconds