INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Using Reducer with telescope, can it calculate focal length?

• Thank you received: 139
In the telescope setup area of EKOS, You're able to plug in your telescope model/focal length, then you can add a reducer as a "lens", but I see no where to select to use that reducer with the telescope, so it can calculate a new focal length. Do I need to manually calculate the new focal length and put that in for my telescope if I have the reducer installed, or is there somewhere I am missing to select this? Thanks.
6 years 1 month ago #24259

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

There are two ways to do this:

1. In your profile page, create a new telescope that has the effective focal length along with the reducer, and then save this profile under a new name so you can switch between the reducer and non-reducers profiles.

2. Keep one profile, but in Ekos Mount tab, you can define up to 6 different named configurations. If you plan to use this method, your Ekos profile telescope+guider selection should always be set to Default, because it was set to something else, then these values will always be used and override any configurations you defined in the Mount tab.
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
6 years 1 month ago #24273
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 139
These are some good options. I like your first example best I think. Better to have multiple scopes preset with different configurations, rather than different configurations within the mount tab. Not sure what would be the use case for having the redundancy in both areas though. Unless it's just for ease of operation once you have the server running and equipment connected already.
6 years 1 month ago #24280

Time to create page: 0.302 seconds