INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

file extensions in Ekos

• Thank you received: 1
Hi, all:

I have a number of photos taken from a remote site. These are produced as .fit files. I touch them up in Pixinsight, and rename the originals so I can know what each file / photo is. That process yields .fit files. When I ask the astrometry tool in Ekos to use one of these files to Load and Slew, the solver almost immediately fails. But the Load and Slew appears to work with .fits files. So does the Load and Slew feature only work with .fits and NOT with .fit?

Thanks for any assistance.

Jack
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Jack Fitzmier.
5 years 11 months ago #24769

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 809
No it will work with .fit files as well. My guess would be that something Pixinsight did to the file changed it to make it difficult for the astrometry.net plate solver to solve the image. Try uploading the images to nova.astrometry.net and see if they solve there. Also you might take a look at the fits Headers in the file. PixInsight may have removed some necessary header information from the files.
5 years 11 months ago #24770

• Thank you received: 420
Also, if you click on the "Options..." button to the lower right of the Align tab and enable Verbose in the Astronomy.net tab. That should give you info about why the solver fails.
5 years 11 months ago #24781

Time to create page: 0.454 seconds