Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
25 Jul 2018
Glad to announce of release of INDI Library v1.7.4 on 2018-07-25. A few drivers were added in this release as we continue to improve & stabilize existing drivers.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: Focus module - Max travel

Focus module - Max travel 3 months 1 week ago #25893

• jadcx
  • jadcx's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi

I don't know if this is a bug, or just me not understanding how this works - but I'm having some issues with the Max travel value.
The documentation I can find all seems to agree that this is the maximum 'distance' of travel permitted before the auto-focus process will abort. Except, this does't seem to be the only function.
The biggest value I can enter is 100000, and on my scope (SW80 with Sesto Senso focus motor), starting at position 0 being fully retracted, 100000 doesn't get me to the focus point. Whilst this isn't a huge problem (because I can arbitrarily set position 0 to be anywhere I like and so focus is within range) it is annoying. This isn't only during an autofocus cycle, I am usually trying to move from 0 to ~170000 (yes, I know, but my scope flightcase isn't big enough to leave it focused during storage).
I've tried moving to 100000 and then moving again, but this doesn't seem possible.

So am I missing something here, or is this how it is intended to work?

Thanks

Justin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Focus module - Max travel 3 months 1 week ago #25896

Thanks for the report, this isn't related to Focus module per se, the 100,000 value is hardcoded in the driver itself. I just thought it would be enough all cases, but apparently not! So I'll update it now to 200,000. Changes should be in the nightly PPA build until the next stable release is out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jadcx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Add your observatory info
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds

Login

3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica