Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
08 Apr 2018
INDI development team is happy to announce the release of INDI Library v1.7.0. This new exciting release builds on the maturity of INDI Library and comes with many new supported devices and fixes for existing drivers.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: v4l2ccd configuration can not be saved

v4l2ccd configuration can not be saved 1 month 5 days ago #26100

Hello, I'm using a Logitech webcam for polar aiignment and another one for guiding purposes.

Last night I was trying the "polarscope webcam" and set things like exposure, gain etc, etc. then I saved the setting in the options tab in v4l2ccd and indi responses with a message that settings are sucessfully saved.
After closing everything (back to Ubuntu-level) and starting kstars again, I found out that all the setting are gone and I had to do everything over again !.
I use the rpi3 with ubuntu mate.
I can not find any clue why settings are not saved and advice/help is greatly appreiciated.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

v4l2ccd configuration can not be saved 1 month 5 days ago #26103

I added support to this just now in GIT. It should be in PPA nightly later today.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ed.defesche

Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Add your observatory info

v4l2ccd configuration can not be saved 1 month 5 days ago #26105

Thank you very much !

v4l2ccd configuration can not be saved 1 month 5 days ago #26108

Can you tell me when there is a stable version available or can I use the nightlly built without a problem?
Thanks.

v4l2ccd configuration can not be saved 4 weeks 1 day ago #26226

Today I tried again (version 2.9.6 installed) and again settings are not saved.
In the messages shown in the attachment it can be seen that for camera1 600x460 size is loaded while I saved last time with 800x600.
Perhaps I do something wrong but I can not find out what.
Now I have to go through all settings to get them right each time I want to do a session.
I noticed that the settings are kept correctly when leaving kstars and restart again.
But shutting down the rpi3 and than restart the machine and firing up kstars: all setting are gone !!!

I really don't know what's going on and would be very happy if this problem could be solved...

Thanks in advance...
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds

Login

3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica