Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
08 Apr 2018
INDI development team is happy to announce the release of INDI Library v1.7.0. This new exciting release builds on the maturity of INDI Library and comes with many new supported devices and fixes for existing drivers.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: How to uninstall completely KStars ?

How to uninstall completely KStars ? 1 month 1 day ago #26194

• JCJ
  • JCJ's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
I learnt that there might be some problems caused by updating KStars version after version.
To start a fresh install I need to get rid of all the KStars files and folders.
Some of them are not obvious . Where are they located ?
It would be nice if someone could also provide the function of these folders / files.
For instance, I know that the Profiles, Equipment list (Telescope, Eyepieces, Lens, Filter) and Device Manager list are stored in userdb.sqlite (In macOS the path is ~/Library/Application Support/kstars/userdb.sqlite)
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by JCJ.

How to uninstall completely KStars ? 1 month 1 day ago #26199

There are not too many files/folders.

1. There is the main KStars app bundle which is wherever you put It, but probably /Applications/KStars.app.
2. There is the KStars Data Directory: ~/Library/Application Support/kstars
3. There is the KStars preferences file: ~/Library/Preferences/kstarsrc
(Note that in that same folder, you might also have kstars.kmessagebox, kstars.notifyrc, and kstars.plist)
4. This is not only for KStars, but also for Cloudmakers software, there is the astrometry folder full of index files: ~/Library/Application Support/Astrometry/
5. Also not unique to KStars, but also for any KDE app, there are the translation files: ~/Library/Application Support/locale
6. Also not unique to KStars, but also for any KDE app, there are the sounds files for notifications: ~/Library/Application Support/sounds
7. Log files can also get saved by INDI into ~/.indi/ I believe

I think thats pretty much it,

Thanks,

Rob
The following user(s) said Thank You: knro, JCJ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds

Login

3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica