Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
08 Apr 2018
INDI development team is happy to announce the release of INDI Library v1.7.0. This new exciting release builds on the maturity of INDI Library and comes with many new supported devices and fixes for existing drivers.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: KStars v2.9.6 is Released

KStars v2.9.6 is Released 4 weeks 1 day ago #26221

KStars v2.9.6 is now available for Windows, MacOS, and Linux.

It's a minor bugfix release. It is released in tandem with INDI Library v1.7.3 which include many fixes and updates to the driver.

knro.blogspot.com/2018/05/kstars-296-is-released.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: broadcastyourseb, Gilles, Herrhausen, ollie, phomer60, pcxz, jpaana, Poison, xsnrg, JCJ and this user have 5 others thankyou

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Add your observatory info

KStars v2.9.6 is Released 4 weeks 1 day ago #26227

I can't get it to launch after doing a install on my odroid xu4 with latest ubuntu. Worked previously.
Clicking on the icon does nothing.

I don't know linux or ubuntu enough to know where to look to find a log that may tell you what is going on.

If I open a terminal and type kstars it responds with

org.kde.kstars: welcom to Kstars 2.9.6
build 2018-05-25T20:12:29Z
ubnutu
arm-little_endian-ilp32-eabi-hardfloat
arm
linux
kernal ver: 4.14.43-138
Unable to find an X11 visual wich matches EGL config 9 Segmentation fault

Not sure if that is the issue?

However on my regular PC type install with the same version of Ubuntu it works just fine.

Going to try the raspberry pi next.

Last Edit: by mpfjr.

KStars v2.9.6 is Released 4 weeks 1 day ago #26230

One big plus for OS X users, this version of KStars for OS X now includes SBIG support for the first time, assuming the SBIG Universal Driver is installed. For awhile, a number of SBIG cameras have not worked on OS X due to firmware uploading issues and we haven't included the SBIG driver in KStars due to all the issues. I added firmware uploading support to the INDI driver. So now a whole bunch of SBIG cameras should work. Thus it is now natively supported by KStars.

KStars v2.9.6 is Released 4 weeks 1 day ago #26231

Does this release include the fixes made to the joystick affecting tracking?

KStars v2.9.6 is Released 4 weeks 1 day ago #26232

I would try downloading again, the initial update stopped about 40% of the way through the build process but it has been updated since and seems to be working correctly.

KStars v2.9.6 is Released 3 weeks 4 days ago #26303

Please note that I just uploaded a new OS X dmg. The version I posted 3 days ago was missing a crucial dylib for plate solving. So please update to the latest dmg on the website if you updated the other day!

As a bonus, the new dmg also includes some fixed icons and experimental drivers for fish camp, ATIK, Arduino (INDIDUINO) and MGEN.

thanks,

Rob

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.456 seconds

Login

3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica