INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

KStars v2.9.6 is Released

KStars v2.9.6 is now available for Windows, MacOS, and Linux.

It's a minor bugfix release. It is released in tandem with INDI Library v1.7.3 which include many fixes and updates to the driver.

knro.blogspot.com/2018/05/kstars-296-is-released.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sébastien, gehelem, Alfred, Ollie, Paul, Teseo, Jarno Paananen, Oliver, Jim, Jean-Claude JESIOR and 5 other people also said thanks.
5 years 10 months ago #26221

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 8
I can't get it to launch after doing a install on my odroid xu4 with latest ubuntu. Worked previously.
Clicking on the icon does nothing.

I don't know linux or ubuntu enough to know where to look to find a log that may tell you what is going on.

If I open a terminal and type kstars it responds with

org.kde.kstars: welcom to Kstars 2.9.6
build 2018-05-25T20:12:29Z
ubnutu
arm-little_endian-ilp32-eabi-hardfloat
arm
linux
kernal ver: 4.14.43-138
Unable to find an X11 visual wich matches EGL config 9 Segmentation fault

Not sure if that is the issue?

However on my regular PC type install with the same version of Ubuntu it works just fine.

Going to try the raspberry pi next.
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Micheal Fields.
5 years 10 months ago #26227

• Thank you received: 809
One big plus for OS X users, this version of KStars for OS X now includes SBIG support for the first time, assuming the SBIG Universal Driver is installed. For awhile, a number of SBIG cameras have not worked on OS X due to firmware uploading issues and we haven't included the SBIG driver in KStars due to all the issues. I added firmware uploading support to the INDI driver. So now a whole bunch of SBIG cameras should work. Thus it is now natively supported by KStars.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stanley Fertig
5 years 10 months ago #26230

• Thank you received: 226

Replied by Andrew on topic KStars v2.9.6 is Released

Does this release include the fixes made to the joystick affecting tracking?
5 years 10 months ago #26231

• Thank you received: 31

Replied by Paul on topic KStars v2.9.6 is Released

I would try downloading again, the initial update stopped about 40% of the way through the build process but it has been updated since and seems to be working correctly.
5 years 10 months ago #26232

• Thank you received: 809
Please note that I just uploaded a new OS X dmg. The version I posted 3 days ago was missing a crucial dylib for plate solving. So please update to the latest dmg on the website if you updated the other day!

As a bonus, the new dmg also includes some fixed icons and experimental drivers for fish camp, ATIK, Arduino (INDIDUINO) and MGEN.

thanks,

Rob
5 years 9 months ago #26303

• Thank you received: 1
Hi, I'm new to kStars, just installed it yesterday. I see the native support in OS X for the SBIG cameras (Thank you!), but not for the SBIG filter wheels. I really have no desire to install Ubuntu on my Mac just to download the SBIG INDI driver, if that's the only way to get SBIG filter wheel support. And without SBIG FW support, I won't be using kStars...

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
stan in Brooklyn
5 years 8 months ago #26909

There is no separate driver for filter wheels, it's controlled from within the CCD driver. Go to INDI Control Panel --> Filter Wheel and try to connect to it from there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stanley Fertig
5 years 8 months ago #26910

Time to create page: 0.491 seconds