INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

SOLVED: Compiling KStars on Raspbian/Debian Stretch

• Thank you received: 420
Hi,

I know this isn't a KStars forum but I think I'll be more likely to find people here who compile KStars for their platform than elsewhere. I have tried compiling the KStars 2.9.6 source from the source tarball that can be downloaded from

download.kde.org/stable/kstars/kstars-2.9.6.tar.xz.mirrorlist

on Raspbian Stretch, Debian Stretch and Debian Buster (Testing) and I almost always run into the same problem on all of these platforms. Even though I got it working once on Debian Stretch I also managed to break it again as soon as I compiled INDI and then tried to compile KStars again.

The reason I am doing this is because I have installed a WittyPi2 RTC board, see

www.uugear.com/product/wittypi2/

which doesn't work with Ubuntu Mate but it does with Raspbian.

When I follow the KStars compilation instructions from

techbase.kde.org/Projects/Edu/KStars/Building_KStars_KF5

I get this error from cmake:

CMake Error at icons/CMakeLists.txt:1 (ecm_install_icons):
Unknown CMake command "ecm_install_icons".

Since I got it working once (I think I remember it was when I used the Debian Stretch network install CD and also installed the default Desktop) I think this is due to a missing dependency, i.e. a Debian package that needs to be installed, but I don't know which one. Would anyone know which one???

Cheers, Wouter
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Wouter van Reeven.
5 years 9 months ago #26866

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420
Found it! I kept on creating the build directory inside the KStars source tree directory and that's when the error happens. When I create it outside of it, the build goes OK.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frédéric CORNU
5 years 9 months ago #26869

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.265 seconds