INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Another success story: a first use of the Scheduler module

• Thank you received: 420
A few days ago I wanted to get started with the Sequence module but I didn't really know where and how to start. I failed because I really hadn't looked into how to use it properly before. In the end El Corazon helped me get started and I was able to use it last night. As it happens I also wanted for the first time to use multiple filters on a mono (QHY9 CCD) camera so I tried to kill two birds with one stone and it worked :-)

First I took several flat field images for each filter:

Once that was done (45 minutes due to the number of images and the download speed of the camera!) I followed the following procedure:
- First I defined a sequence in the Capture module for the order of the filters in which I wanted to take images. I decided on 6 x 120 seconds on R, G and B and 18 x 120 seconds on L.
- I saved that sequence to a file
- Then I imported that sequence file in the Sequence module and configured it for the rest of the settings of the imaging session (unpark, track, align, guide, image and after all images are done park)

Those three steps, and particularly the first two, were unclear to me at first. A big thank you to El Corazon for helping me out!!! Once that was done, all I needed to do was wait until the sequence started:

As soon as I saw it did, I went to sleep. This morning when I woke up I found my telescope parked and INDI shutdown. And perhaps most importantly, I found 36 images waiting for me to process them. Due to guiding errors caused by wind and some star alignment issues in PixInsight I had to not use several images, but still I managed to produce a pretty great first L-RGB image ever if I may say so myself:

I know we have been saying this a lot lately, but I don't think we can ever say this often enough: Jasem and every other developer of this great software, thank you so very very much. You're doing a fabulous job and the software you produce is great and even getting better and better!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, Gonzothegreat, Jim
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
5 years 8 months ago #27214
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 223
That's cool, I like this. Thanks for sharing another great story. I think we might need a sub forum where we can share such story and learn from each others.
And I guess you mean "a first use of the Scheduler module"
5 years 8 months ago #27225

• Thank you received: 420
5 years 8 months ago #27229

Time to create page: 0.393 seconds