INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

How do I have EKOS upload images via ethernet to my Mac?

• Thank you received: 155
Disregard this post. I decided that I will not be doing this anyway.

Peter

I am connected to Stellarmate via Ethernet through VNC.

Everything woks well, but I want to have EKOS upload my images via the ethernet instead of saving them on the Stellarmate Pi.
Can someone explain what I use in the Local "Remote" Dirctory fields so the files come back across ethernet to my Mac?
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Peter Kennett.
5 years 8 months ago #27665

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 226
Besides your rescinded request, I imagine it can be directed to a network drive location if you share the directory over the LAN.
5 years 8 months ago #27766

• Thank you received: 11
As an FYI, I also have Stellarmate and use a Mac. So I am connecting from my Mac across either ethernet or Wifi to the stellarmate. Both are running KStars/EKOS.

In the Camera capture part of the GUI from the Mac (once its connected to the Stellarmate), there is an option called "Upload" down the bottom left of this screen. You simply change that to be "Client" and it'll pull all images back to the Mac, instead of storing them on the Stellarmate.

Hope this helps.
5 years 8 months ago #27838

• Thank you received: 155
That is just if you are running EKOS off the Mac, and using the Stellarmate as just an INDI server.
I was running EKOS off the Pi as I have no commercial power in the field, and using my Macbook full time was not ideal, as I had no way to charge it fully. So I run the whole operation off the Pi. But I realized after I posted this, that if my laptop dies, then there is no point in trying to save images there! Thus the reason I tried to delete this question.
5 years 8 months ago #27839

Time to create page: 0.305 seconds