INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

KStars v2.9.7 is released!

• Thank you received: 11

Replied by Craig on topic KStars v2.9.7 is released!

Unfortunately I've had some issues with v2.9.7

Mac:
1) On Mac OSX its broken the astrometry installation. The references are all for linux and point to directories that simply don't exist, and while I had some issues plate solving (it was setting related) it at least was able to run

2) permissions errors - any dialog box that pop's up looking to select a directory locks up Kstars/EKOS until you do a force quit of the application. Why is this even happening? I've been messing around with KStars since v2.9.4 and never seen this before.

I originally just installed it over the top of v2.9.6 and immediately noticed astrometry was broken. I've tried uninstalling it and emptying the trash and re-installing it. No difference for the astrometry app. I have managed to search for the binaries and put that path into directories to get astrometry back and pointing to the right files. BUT, by default if you download new index files for astrometry to work, I also get file permission errors!!! I had to create a directory somewhere else for it to allow me to download the astrometry index files.

It's almost like the re-packaging for Mac has all the linux file paths in there looking at it and the troubleshooting I did.

I think I need to completely remove KStars/EKOS *completely* and then start again. Does anyone have this list of other directories where files are placed to make sure it's been removed properly. However, based on the error's I've had, unless the package is looked at I think I'll just have the same errors

Stellarmate:
On Stellarmate, it has also broken the Astrometry install by the looks of it. When I noticed it was broken on my Mac, I thought I'd switch over to the stellarmate to try and do plate solving. It immediately error'd out saying something about missing binaries. I was just lucky that I had internet connected and could plate solve online, but I'm not going to do most of my imaging with Internet available so I need to get back to where I was with v2.9.6 reliably doing plate solving.

Here some recent logs from imaging on the weekend, but I'm not sure it'll show the issue's I'm seeing...... I hope these logs help diagnose the situation because the other parts of v2.9.7 look really good

app.box.com/s/vxsg6umpjar8l4i20dm3i237lmfoy5rc

Just re-installed and tested, plate solving is still broken after re-installing v2.9.7 - also attached is the logs from just now.
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Craig.
5 years 7 months ago #27987
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 11

Replied by Craig on topic KStars v2.9.7 is released!

Actually disregard these questions. I need to do more testing to try and figure out if its just me (most likely) or something else.
5 years 7 months ago #27990

Well, there are many logs, but the ones I checked shows successful run with remote solver. Maybe Robert can shed some light on the MacOS issues? I haven't seen other reports on this.
5 years 7 months ago #27992

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by anofeles on topic KStars v2.9.7 is released!

I did a little test with version 2.9.7 in simulation mode and I didn't have any problems with plate solve in offline mode...
Greetings.
OSX: 10.12.6
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by anofeles.
5 years 7 months ago #28020

• Thank you received: 31

Replied by Khalid on topic KStars v2.9.7 is released!

With release 2.9.7, the OnStep INDI driver crashes consistently on startup.

The output in the logs is here .
5 years 7 months ago #28151

Time to create page: 0.482 seconds