INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

GPS not working consistently

• Thank you received: 66
It seems to not work when the GPS device already has a fix before Kstars connects. Attached are logs showing that initially it doesn't connect. I disconnect and unplug the GPS them replug and if I connect before the GPS has a fix, then it works.
5 years 7 months ago #28291
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

When it already has a GPX fix when you connect, is the time/location properties in GPSD OK (green) or Busy (yellow)?
5 years 7 months ago #28317

Replied by Greg on topic GPS not working consistently

no, they are yellow. Only "connection" is green (and refresh period). The UTC Time showing appears to come from the local set time on StellarMate. Lat/Lon show 0 and GPS status shows NO FIX. But it definitely has a fix - the fix indicator light shows it has a fix.
5 years 7 months ago #28333

They need to be OK for KStars to consider them. I will check tonight with my GPS unit. Maybe you need to hit refresh?
5 years 7 months ago #28338

Tried that but doesn’t work
5 years 7 months ago #28341

You tried seeing results with gpsmon and cgps?

I just tested here... I checked with gpsmon first and saw I had a fix, so I connected, and it turned green in 3 seconds KStars updated fine. Then I kept the indiserver and restarted KStars and connected to the existing INDI server with INDI GPS driver already running and green, and again it changed time/location just fine.

Maybe it's not picking up enough satellites? check cgps/gpsmon first
5 years 7 months ago #28347

There's a light that blinks when it has a fix, so I know that works, and in previous use it had no problem getting a fix.

gpsmon and cgps don't report anything. This is frustrating because it worked before and worked sporadically when I tested it at home a couple of days ago.

Unfortunately I can't pursue this as I'm heading to a star party and have to revert to stellarmate OS 1.3, which was mostly working.

Also, the updated version of kstars (2.9.7) seems to have screwed up Pentax operation. I could not get preview to work.
5 years 7 months ago #28353

Could be a matter of range? My unit would only work if I put it hanging by the window and wouldn't inside. Regarding Pentax, the v2.4 of INDI GPhoto driver should have several fixes for Pentax/Sony users (it's in Nightly PPA). But if you're going to a party, it's better to stick with that works for now.
5 years 7 months ago #28354

Time to create page: 1.796 seconds