INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

wINDI + Ascom Eqmod + win Ekos = missing mount tab

• Thank you received: 0
Thanks Jasem. I'm happy to test. I really like the way Ekos works and I'd like to be able to use it with my hardware. It was close last night.
5 years 6 months ago #29002

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi Jasem,

I confirm that in builds 171 and later the mount tab can now read the mount's position. Thanks for the fix.

The bad news is that the plate solve tab doesn't seem to be able to.

Thanks.
5 years 6 months ago #29095

Just fixed that, so hopefully tonight build will fix your issue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cedric
5 years 6 months ago #29098

Great! Thanks. I should have a night of testing tonight. I'll feedback tomorrow.
5 years 6 months ago #29099

Hi Jasem,

Here are my findings for tonight with build #174:
- the plate solve tab now has access to mount position.
- when trying to solve a position, the position gets further and further from the target after each solve (I used astrometry, Ekos seems to confuse and crash ansvr) . Essentially if you have a maximum distance from target set, you'll never get there. A single solve and sync works fine. A conflict between the adapting mount model in Eqmod and some internal Ekos model maybe? (I used Eqmod on dialog, so only the last sync values are kept)
- when you change the astrometry server (e.g. In my case from astrometry to ansvr and back), Ekos doesn't try to authenticate after the server change. So if you use ansvr, changing to astrometry fails because Ekos uses the ansvr session id in the API requests. Changing from astrometry to ansvr works because ansvr doesn't actually care about user and session id.
- when slewing from a scheduled plan, the slewing is extremely slow. Looking at the Ascom commands, it appears that Ekos doesn't wait for the goto to finish. It sends the same slew order over and over again every second or so. As a result, the mount slew is interrupted every second and starts again. The one slew I tried took several minutes. A slew from kstars works as expected though.

Thanks.
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Cedric.
5 years 6 months ago #29141

FYI, I experimented with INDI for Windows used from Ekos in a Linux VM last night (hadn't thought of doing that before) and the slewing problem is there too.
(using ekos nightly since the mount position issue exists in bleeding)
5 years 6 months ago #29278

Jasem, do you want me to report those as bugs somewhere?

Thanks.
5 years 6 months ago #29468

You can report them to bugs.kde.org so we can follow better there. I haven't had the time yet to test the solver on Windows along with INDI Server for Windows. Hopefully I can get sometime to check it out later on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cedric
5 years 6 months ago #29475

Will do. Thanks.

To me it looks like the Ekos end expects a synchronous call and the wINDI end behaves like an async call or a callback. But I don't know either code so it's jut a guess.
5 years 6 months ago #29479

Time to create page: 1.392 seconds