INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Guiding won't start because calibration fails

• Thank you received: 11
According to www.avalon-instruments.com/support/13-tr...suggested-parameters guider settings look different between tooth belt and worm gear driven mounts. I'm owning an Avalon mount but haven't had time to check these parameters as I'm terribly short of spare time. Nevertheless, in case you can't get the guider to calibrate you may give these parameters a try.

CS
Klaus
5 years 7 months ago #28619

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 11
I had the scope out last night, and wouldn't you know it, it worked perfectly. Not that I'm complaining (at all) mind, but I'm no closer to coming up with a good answer on why this happened.

The only thing I can think off is that the other night, at this new site for the first time, I know for sure my polar alignment was pretty bad, like 4-6deg off, as I was setting up in a hurry and in the dark with no good view of the SCP. I tried to improve this and moved the mount etc. But it was still no where near as good as where I usually shoot from home.

Jasem I also took your earlier advice and had guiding at 2sec and 1x guide rate. It was getting 2-4arcseconds easily over about 4hrs of imaging......
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
5 years 7 months ago #28629

• Thank you received: 22
I am having the same issue but not all the time
just disconnect the guide came then reconnect it and just try to move your telescope both axis slightly or move it to home position and do plate solving again every thing gonna work i hope .
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
5 years 7 months ago #28643

• Thank you received: 161
Today I did a screen recording of an attempt to guide with and without the subframe box ticked. I hope this helps figuring out what the cause of the problem is. With SUBFRAME activated 100% of the attempts failed. To the contrary with SUBFRAME deactivated 100% of the attempts were successful. The video can be found here:

www.sendspace.com/file/ryhn26

The name of the corresponding logfile is log_22-27-57vid.txt.

Also attached is a shorter logfile of an attempt that did yield similar results (log_22-27-57a.txt). The guiding was done via Losmandy Gemini. Using an ST4 cable shows 100% the same results.
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Alfred.
5 years 7 months ago #28708
Attachments:

I did the same thing via ST4 with the same results. Log attached.
5 years 7 months ago #28709
Attachments:

I forgot to mention... included is a demo of a glitch (starting at 9:02) when I try to get the Drift Plot tab back. The arrow that is supposed to do it, doesn't work reliably.
5 years 7 months ago #28710

• Thank you received: 182

Jasem,

I had a similar problem a while back:

indilib.org/forum/ekos/3026-change-to-gu...h-recent-update.html

You solved the issue back then, it was an older mistake in the guide module code, as I recall.

Maybe that same error was reintroduced during a recent update???

Best

Jo

PS: That problem was specific for the ZWO ASI120MM I was using as a guide cam, the same one pug is using according to his log. It did not affect other guide cams.
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Jose Corazon.
5 years 7 months ago #28725

When I did the tests 3 days ago my setup wasn't balanced since I did not have the main instrument installed. Today I did the same test again with all equipment well balanced and the result remains the same: Calibration fails when subframe is activated and succeeds when it's not.
5 years 7 months ago #28768
Attachments:

I have to come back to this issue since it still remains. It's unrelated to my equipment since it occurs with simulators, too.

I noticed in the logfile that pulse duration was changed from 500ms to 1000ms. As I see it, that's why the initial position isn't reached but "jumped over".
Log and video attached.
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Alfred.
5 years 5 months ago #29964
Attachments:
  • screenreco...30-3.mkv

• Thank you received: 14
I not have read all thread, report only my issue ( solved ) with calibration.
I have Celestron GPS mount and in indi mount options I have "absolutely" to set "Use Pulse Cmd" off
if this option is on ...not calibrate.

Try it if it's for you too .. I repeat, I did not read the whole thread, in case you're talking about something else ... excuse my intrusion.

Bye.
5 years 5 months ago #29965

Thanks for your suggestion. I think in the Telescope simulator (that's what I used in this example) there is no such option. At least I can't see it.
5 years 5 months ago #29966

You need to track before you guide.
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
5 years 5 months ago #29968

Time to create page: 0.595 seconds