INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

scheduler (?) wrong alignment after flip

• Thank you received: 94
Hi
Is that the correct functioning? Would it be better to have one or the other throughout?
Has the issue of this thread been fixed?
Confused!
TIA,
Steve.
5 years 7 months ago #29031

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

No the issue is not yet resolved, we're working on it, but it depends on other pending work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: alacant
5 years 7 months ago #29034

Hi everyone.
2018-08-30T10:49:32Z

Better:

A few bits and pieces:
1. Another failure due to this
2. The scheduler now has RA and DEC coordinates as decimals; align as degrees. Not easy that one!
scheduler: 19.5097, 20.2608
align: 19 31 27, 20 18 10
3. Worrying assignment in align after the flip: it identifies Brocchi's Coathanger instead of ngc6802
4. May I mention that this problem still remains? (workaround is to restart the session and do not use the capture module's preview).

Thanks for your patience and hard work,
Cheers and clear skies,
Steve
log: drive.google.com/open?id=1Ssz3j2ARUl8fmkfoO5N4KaptiledvKv2
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by alacant.
5 years 7 months ago #29096
Attachments:

I submitted preliminary fix for the issue that causes capture module to restart on guiding failure which makes the scheduler restarts the process again, but it's not yet tested. It should be in nightly. The scheduler coordinates issue is also fixed. I found another issue when parsing NGC/IC/Messier objects, it wasn't reading fractions of a second properly so this might have contributed to some inaccuracies before.

Not sure what's the problem is the capture.. you can't change the exposure IN capture module itself? or whatever value isn't sent over to the camera? If you use INDI Control Panel directly, you can enter the desired exposure duration? Finally, for the guiding PHD2 dropdown I believe Robert said he plans to work on it soon.
5 years 7 months ago #29106

Hi
Tested directly through the indi control panel; it is not possible to change the exposure if there has been a preview first. If the preview is 1.0s, then all the other exposures are also 1.0s no matter what ie entered either in capture or directly via indi
Thanks-
log attatched
5 years 7 months ago #29132
Attachments:

The 5 seconds exposure looks fine.. log shows it took 5 seconds. You hear the shutter otherwise?

EDIT: I fixed another problem with the naming due to a regression.. you're not suppose to have 0 in the camera name at the end.
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
5 years 7 months ago #29139

Yes. It's only one second.

**EDIT: You can both hear the shutter close after 1.0s and see the countdown going ahead despite the shutter having closed.
Thanks.
5 years 7 months ago #29140

Are you sure camera is in BULB mode? That's usually the cause.
5 years 7 months ago #29142

The camera a canon 700d is set to 'M', and I use ekos to set the shutter time (?). The error only occurs after I hit preview in capture. If I don't hit preview, the exposure works fine.
The workaround is to not use preview, which is a pain especially when focusing manually with a DSLR.
Thanks.
5 years 7 months ago #29143

In 600D I set it to 'M' as well, but then use camera controls to change it to Bulb. When I open the camera LCD screen, it says BULB there. Does it say the same thing?
5 years 7 months ago #29147

It's on B:

This occurs only when preview has been pressed in capture. The best workaround is to shut down and restart without parking the mount; the capture then goes ahead fine (because we haven't used preview).
TIA
5 years 7 months ago #29160
Attachments:

I don't know, I tested it on 600D and I can capture just fine. Any mirror lock set? Save to RAM or SD Card?
5 years 7 months ago #29164

Time to create page: 1.402 seconds