INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

EKOS: Synscan stays in slewing mode, disables all actions

• Thank you received: 133
I'm trying to use KStars/EKOS with an Synscan mount (GP-DX with EQ3/EQ5 upgrade kit).
Things work sort of OK, but if I select a target in KStars and want to slew/track, the mount stays in slew mode. In the EKOS Setup/Overview the mount section keeps showing the rotating icon next to the message Status: Slewing.
I cannot do anything useful in that state, all cameras are disabled. The mount does track the target.
Only option is to fire up mount control window, press 'stop' there and then, on the real mount handpaddle, select tracking. Then I can use the cameras again.
Any idea what's wrong there?
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Peter Sütterlin.
5 years 7 months ago #29066

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

OK, seeing that 1.7.4 is out, I finally had a try at compiling it myself (the version in my distros repository is still 1.7.1) and even succeeded in this :D
With 1.7.4. now the error is gone, it properly switches to tracking mode (with green rotating icon) and I can use camera etc. :D
5 years 7 months ago #29111

If you check INDI Control panel, Equatorial Coords property is busy (yellow) or ok (green) once mount finished slewing and started tracking?
5 years 7 months ago #29115

I sent this answer yesterday (still in my browser history). It never showed up. Plus I had to go through a 20-click captcha 'game'. :angry:
I seem to remember that they were indeed yellow. But the mount for sure had finished its movement and had started tracking (it goes close to position, and then does some fine tune movement, then starts track). That behavior is still the same, but with 1.7.4 now they are green.

If you think it's important to check I can re-install the old version and do some investigation.
5 years 7 months ago #29181

If the property is green and actions are still disabled then there is a problem somewhere in the mount check status code which is quite odd but possible. Mount module support to emit a signal tell other modules that slew completed fine, but I take it this signal is not triggered properly for some reason. Maybe debug Mount::updateTelescopeCoords() function if you know how to.
5 years 7 months ago #29192

Well, as I wrote in post #2, the problem is gone since update of libindi to 1.7.4, (so rather not a mount related issue(?).
I gather updateTelescopeCoords is an EKOS function. I don't have environment setup to compile kstars/EKOS, only for INDI. But as I changed neither kstars nor the mount it must have been some misscommunication between new (2.9.8 ) kstars and old (1.7.1) libindi.
5 years 7 months ago #29197

Time to create page: 0.769 seconds