INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Flats not capturing???

• Thank you received: 182
Has there been a change to the Capture module? I tried to capture flats for all my installed filters, but whenever I select Flat from the image type the camera fails to capture an image. Preview works, but it never saves the image or proceeds to capture the next one. That happens whether I have set the calibration settings to manual or to ADU.

Has anyone else had that experience? It worked a few weeks ago, but I updated KStars since, so not sure with which version the problem arose.

Best

Jo

File Attachment:

File Name: log_19-13-28.txt
File Size:54 KB
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Jose Corazon.
5 years 6 months ago #29088
Attachments:
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 301

Replied by Eric on topic Re:Flats not capturing???

Thanks for reporting this. There was a regression in the calibration algorithm, due to frame storage changes in the scheduler. This was fixed by phabricator.kde.org/D14977, but the story shows us that we still have too many interleaved features. As of now, there are at least three remaining bugs in the capture storage cache, and I hope fixing those will not break other things elsewhere.

-Eric
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jose Corazon
5 years 6 months ago #29091

Who would have thought health care reform.... oops, EKOS, could be that complicated....

:)

Thanks Eric!
5 years 6 months ago #29102
  • Thank you received: 10
Same problem here although I feel it works when using manual flat duration. When using ADU the job remains at idle when starting, the first image is taken and then nothing more happens. Stopping the job and restarting either lets KStars crash or lose the connection to the INDI-server.
Skywatcher Newton 200/1000, Sharpstar 60ED, Canon Lenses
Skywatcherr EQ-6 R, AZ-GTI
StellarMate @ Raspberry Pi 3B+
ASI 183 MC Pro
ASI 290 MC guiding cam on APM 60 ImageMaster
Sesto Senso 2 Focuser + Astromechanics Canon Focuser

The following user(s) said Thank You: Eric
5 years 6 months ago #29122

I agree with everything you observed, except I cannot record the flat manually either, IF I select the image type as 'Flat'. It works fine (manually) when I select 'Light'.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eric
5 years 6 months ago #29125
Anyone tried nightly to see if this issue with the flats is resolved?
5 years 6 months ago #29129
  • Thank you received: 26
I have this issue too: not only I receive a Preview window, but after this KStars crashes. This is a new issue with 2.9.8
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Jurgen Kobierczynski. Reason: language correction
5 years 6 months ago #29175

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Flats not capturing???

Please check nightly and report back.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jose Corazon
5 years 6 months ago #29177

Replied by Jose Corazon on topic Flats not capturing???

Seems to be working fine now with the nightly version I installed this morning.
5 years 6 months ago #29234
Attachments:
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by Flavius on topic Flats not capturing???

Is there a place to download a nightly build for macOS? I have the same problem. thank you.
5 years 6 months ago #29250
  • Thank you received: 139
I have the same issue on MacOS. Flats fail with automated ADU value, then after it captures the first one, EKOS crashes. Is there a way to grab the nightly for MacOS? Or publish the fixes to the next version. :)
5 years 5 months ago #30350

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Flats not capturing???

We need to get KStars to build on KDE build farm. MacOS is the last remaining build and it's quite technically complex with many sub-parts. Everything has to be right and it can be easily broken. At any rate, Robert is busy now but one of the goals of the next release of KStars is to have MacOS nightly releases as well since they're not nightly releases for all platforms except MacOS. So stay tuned!
5 years 5 months ago #30375
Time to create page: 0.673 seconds