INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Capture settings > 900 seconds are not maintained

• Thank you received: 31
I have recently started using 1200 second exposures for narrowband.
There are three issues with this...
1) When incrementing the exposure times it jumps from 900 to 3600 seconds - intermediate steps of 1200 and 1800 would be nice and even better if this was configurable.
2) When any value over 900 seconds is set and you go to any other tab and then back to the camera tab it always sets the exposure time back to 900 - this is very annoying. Also, if you have a Type other than 'Light' set, it resets it to 'Light'.
3) When logging the exposures at the bottom of the window it has started displaying the times in an exponential format.

Further, and I am not sure if this is related, when taking exposures which restart when the guiding exceeds a limit, the exposure counter if being randomly reset back to zero. I have only started seeing this happen when using 1200 second exposures.
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Paul. Reason: correction, expansion and new information
5 years 6 months ago #29570

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 301
OK, first state which version this is.

1. This is because you use the spin arrows and not a digit entry, correct? So you require additional intermediate values?

2. Isn't this because you are not actually editing the job you want to modify? When you are in edit mode, the "+" button changes to a check, to validate your changes. Please confirm.

3. I have a differential pushed in review to fix that sort of thing and properly support locale characteristics. But the dust needs to settle first on kstars-bleeding.

4. The count reset issue is fixed and tested OK on my side, but the differential might not be merged yet. Stay tuned for this.

-Eric
5 years 6 months ago #29571

Version about 2 weeks old.

1. This is because you use the spin arrows and not a digit entry, correct? So you require additional intermediate values? Yes or the ability to configure it for my own use.

2. Isn't this because you are not actually editing the job you want to modify? When you are in edit mode, the "+" button changes to a check, to validate your changes. Please confirm. No, this happens whether I use use the up/down buttons or edit it directly - any value over 900 gets set back to 900. It can be seen in simulated camera as well.

3. I have a differential pushed in review to fix that sort of thing and properly support locale characteristics. But the dust needs to settle first on kstars-bleeding. I am building locally on Raspbian but the latest kstars build is failing.

4. The count reset issue is fixed and tested OK on my side, but the differential might not be merged yet. Stay tuned for this. Will do.
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Paul.
5 years 6 months ago #29574

• Thank you received: 301
Thanks for reporting all this. We'll see what we can do!

-Eric
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
5 years 6 months ago #29575

Eric,

The exposure time reset issue is fixed, however the type still changes back to "light".

Paul
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Paul. Reason: changed wording to make it clearer
5 years 5 months ago #30359

Time to create page: 0.900 seconds