INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Help adding a focuser device to KStars/Ekos for Windows dropdown

• Thank you received: 0
I've managed to build the Moonlite DRO INDI driver and get it working directly on my StellarMate, but I really want to control my setup through KStars on Windows remotely.

Where I'm stuck is I can't figure out how to get this device listed as a choice in the dropdown for focuser selection on Windows. I found an XML file that has a collection of names bound to their corresponding INDI drivers and I added it to that list, but it still doesn't show up after relaunching KStars.

How can configure KStars for Windows to look for/use the Moonlite DRO driver on the StellarMate?

P.S. There is a bug in the Moonlite DRO driver code related to the :GI# command that I had to fix up to get the driver working properly.
5 years 3 months ago #34160

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Apologies, I just realized I posted this in General and can't figure out how to move it or delete it.
5 years 3 months ago #34161

• Thank you received: 10
I remembered this being posted recently which may give some insight:

indilib.org/forum/general/4458-anyone-en...he-symbol.html#33935

Also, in a pinch, on Linux I can usually just type the actual driver name into the dropdown box. (ex. indi_moonlite_focus)
5 years 3 months ago #34178

This was the magic sauce. I can't believe it didn't occur to me to just try typing the name in there. In my case, I was able to type in "Moonlite DRO" and have it hook up to the custom built driver I made on the StellarMate. Thank you so much for the help!
5 years 3 months ago #34186

What's the issue with the GI command?
5 years 3 months ago #34194

Time to create page: 0.378 seconds