INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos on Mac OS X ?

• Thank you received: 223

Replied by Gonzothegreat on topic Ekos on Mac OS X ?

You're right about everything there, and I think the sooner we can get a "stable" working dmg the better it is.
7 years 4 months ago #12575
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 23

Replied by Jamie Smith on topic Ekos on Mac OS X ?

Thanks -
What is the "right" way for us to do that in the future? Do they use an associated ticket system?
7 years 4 months ago #12576
  • Thank you received: 811

Replied by Rob Lancaster on topic Ekos on Mac OS X ?

I believe they do, but I haven't tested it yet since most of my issues with KStars have been with KStars and OS X, not with KDE in general.

While we are waiting for that, if you want to tackle a different problem, we need to make sure that the laptop doesn't go to sleep or KStars go into "app nap" mode during an imaging session. (This happened to me on my new computer one time on Friday.). On my old computer, it never did that, but my new computer did.

I can see several things we might try to do. Install an app like Amphetamine or Caffeine. Try to set a longer time until display sleep (this might not affect app nap I don't know). Run a terminal command. Set a key in the plist. Thoughts?
7 years 4 months ago #12577

Jasem says that "TheOneRing (Hannah von Reth) fixed the typo and killed the unix3 branch. I'll talk to the sysadmins to kill the emerge mirror"

So I think it should work now, crafteroot is now craftroot and we should use: git clone git://anongit.kde.org/craft.git.

community.kde.org/Guidelines_and_HOWTOs/Build_from_source/Mac
7 years 4 months ago #12586

I just tried Jamie's script for emerge/craft. Nice work Jamie, it all worked great until it got to the part where you reported the error in building klauncher. To me that looks like 2 coding mistakes in the klauncher code. Hopefully they fix it soon.

One minor note: in doing the emerge/craft install, it ran this: installPatchedKf5Stuff. But that is only really needed for the cmake version since emerge/craft builds all of the kf5 stuff itself. I think it should only run if you have selected the cmake version. What do you think?
7 years 4 months ago #12608

Seems reasonable, done
7 years 4 months ago #12609

looks like they got the emerge build fixed.
7 years 4 months ago #12715

However, the Nikon doesn't connect natively, only when I connect through the raspberry. Any idea how I can debug this?
7 years 4 months ago #12721
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by James Taylor on topic Ekos on Mac OS X ?

I just hit this wall. "Unable to establish the following device" messages (followed by a list of my with my equipment). I saw on this threat that you guys dealt with this before.

I was testing INDI/EKOS and it was working just fine. I then closed it down, did and apt-get update and apt-get upgrade followed by a rpi-update and after that....that message started showing up. Now, I can't connect anything. INDI server starts but no connections.

I saw you guys talking about this issue but cannot understand what you were talking about with regard to the fix.

Can you provide me with an idiot's version of what I have to do to fix this? Or am I facing a start from scratch?

JT
7 years 4 months ago #12733

Yes, I just tried it successfully. And they appear to have fixed "download new data"
7 years 4 months ago #12735

I'm running a build-kstars.sh -i3ae now, I want to see if my dmg will crash again like last time.
7 years 4 months ago #12754

The build went fine from start to finish, no errors.
I have tested the dmg on the MBP, it works as in 'new data to download' for example, however it still crashes on attempting to take a picture via the CCD simulator.
What i don't understand is that Jamie's dmg didn't show this issue, but my build does.

I believe this issue needs looking into it as if someone wants to try their own build.... it might fail too.
7 years 4 months ago #12755
Time to create page: 0.562 seconds