INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos on Mac OS X ?

• Thank you received: 23

Replied by Jamie Smith on topic Ekos on Mac OS X ?

Seems reasonable, done
7 years 4 months ago #12609
The topic has been locked.

looks like they got the emerge build fixed.
7 years 4 months ago #12715

However, the Nikon doesn't connect natively, only when I connect through the raspberry. Any idea how I can debug this?
7 years 4 months ago #12721
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by James Taylor on topic Ekos on Mac OS X ?

I just hit this wall. "Unable to establish the following device" messages (followed by a list of my with my equipment). I saw on this threat that you guys dealt with this before.

I was testing INDI/EKOS and it was working just fine. I then closed it down, did and apt-get update and apt-get upgrade followed by a rpi-update and after that....that message started showing up. Now, I can't connect anything. INDI server starts but no connections.

I saw you guys talking about this issue but cannot understand what you were talking about with regard to the fix.

Can you provide me with an idiot's version of what I have to do to fix this? Or am I facing a start from scratch?

JT
7 years 4 months ago #12733
  • Thank you received: 809

Replied by Rob Lancaster on topic Ekos on Mac OS X ?

Yes, I just tried it successfully. And they appear to have fixed "download new data"
7 years 4 months ago #12735
  • Thank you received: 223

Replied by Gonzothegreat on topic Ekos on Mac OS X ?

I'm running a build-kstars.sh -i3ae now, I want to see if my dmg will crash again like last time.
7 years 4 months ago #12754

The build went fine from start to finish, no errors.
I have tested the dmg on the MBP, it works as in 'new data to download' for example, however it still crashes on attempting to take a picture via the CCD simulator.
What i don't understand is that Jamie's dmg didn't show this issue, but my build does.

I believe this issue needs looking into it as if someone wants to try their own build.... it might fail too.
7 years 4 months ago #12755

I am going to be out of touch for a few days, someone turned left right in front of me while i was on the motorcycle. Shattered left forearm, MRI & surgery scheduled for tomorrow.

i put an updated dmg on that same dropbox link (www.dropbox.com/s/eoqstbm3uw3ozbc/kstars.dmg) - see if that works. if so, try to compare contents
7 years 4 months ago #12768

That sucks, glad you are ok. Get well soon!
7 years 4 months ago #12769

ouch, yes get well soon.
7 years 4 months ago #12773
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Erland högberg on topic Ekos on Mac OS X ?

Hallo Jamie!
Sorry about you accident! I hope the surgery went well! I´m an orthopedic surgeon myself so know what your going through! Ive been following this thread from the beginning and as I´m a faithful Mac user I want it to be an success. I´ve tried to install your dmg but it doesn't work. I´ve tried it on my iMac and MBP but get this result:

/Volumes/kstars/kstars.app/Contents/MacOS/kstars ; exit;
ErlandHrgsiMac9:~ erlandhogberg$ /Volumes/kstars/kstars.app/Contents/MacOS/kstars ; exit;
dyld: Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/libindi.1.dylib
Referenced from: /Volumes/kstars/kstars.app/Contents/MacOS/kstars
Reason: image not found
Abort trap: 6
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.
Deleting expired sessions...55 completed.
[Processen slutförd]

So have a good recovery and hope this helps your and your fellows in this thread! Your doing a GREAT work!!!!
Erland
7 years 3 months ago #12941

Remember if you want to use KStars and Ekos right now on your Mac, you can run Jamie's script: github.com/jamiesmith/kstars-on-osx and it will work very well. The DMG is still a work in progress, but if you have the patience for the full build and install process, it works great. You can choose either the emerge version option or the cmake version option and both work well as of now. Before you can run the script, you need to install Qt and Home-brew as explained on the site.
7 years 3 months ago #12942
Time to create page: 1.048 seconds