Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
20 Aug 2017
INDI development team is happy to announce the release of INDI Library v1.5.0. This new exciting release builds on the maturity of INDI Library and comes with many new supported devices and fixes for existing drivers.
Read More...

TOPIC: Ekos on Mac OS X ?

Ekos on Mac OS X ? 10 months 2 days ago #14042

The following user(s) said Thank You: Gonzothegreat
The topic has been locked.

Ekos on Mac OS X ? 10 months 2 days ago #14043

Ok Changes to Jamie's script now merged with master, I hope I did that right. . .

Ekos on Mac OS X ? 10 months 2 days ago #14044

Gonzothegreat wrote: Just throwing this here before I forget later on:

Shall we not have in the "KStars for Mac Quick Start Guide" pdf file a section explaining that you need to setup the Indi and Ekos/Astrometry settings set to *internal solver* ?

It should be automatically set to that. I think you need to actively try to change it.

Ekos on Mac OS X ? 10 months 2 days ago #14045

• jeam
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2

rlancaste wrote:

jeam wrote: I can't see this line in terminal: ==> /usr/bin/sudo /bin/mkdir -p /Library/Caches/Homebrew
And Password is not seen, neither.

I try to lunch ruby command with sudo but whith the same result.

see if this helps. brew.sh maybe I am missing something.

/usr/bin/ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install )"

Great!!!

Now Ekos can solve offline perfectly. To resolve I must to install this pakages from terminal:

brew install netpbm

pip install numpy

sudo pip install pyfits

Thanks you very much

Ekos on Mac OS X ? 10 months 2 days ago #14046

Ok, I cannot work on this any more today since I need to do some other work, but please test thoroughly and post any information you find.

Please test the new dmg: KSTARS NEW DMG

Be sure to follow the instructions in the Quickstart guide. Be sure to click "NEXT" in the startup wizard, NOT "OK".
Also the installers for netpbm, pip, python don't work yet. Run these from terminal instead:

/usr/bin/ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install )"
brew install python
pip install numpy (not sure if this is needed, pyfits should do it?)
sudo pip install pyfits
brew install netpbm

To test the installer if you have already run KStars on Mac before, is to delete or backup these two folders:
~/Library/Application Support/Astrometry
~/Library/Application Support/kstars

Also the latest version of our DMG Creator is at github.com/jamiesmith/kstars-on-osx
Last Edit: by rlancaste. Reason: forgot two lines.

Ekos on Mac OS X ? 10 months 2 days ago #14047

Gonzothegreat wrote: I'm testing the new installed, and I'm glad to see that the 'Download New Data' works well. No issues on that part.
by the way, this is done on my non-dev laptop.

yes, download new data was a challenge to get working. It took me forever to figure out what files it needed, where they needed to be, what needed to be in the paths, and what needed to be running.

Ekos on Mac OS X ? 10 months 2 days ago #14051

Hi All-
Work has been crazy busy lately- I will try to take a look at the doc steps and see if I can help there.

The merge looked fine - not sure why I didn't get notified if there was a PR. Since it is merged in to master you should probably remove the old brand if you are done.

Ekos on Mac OS X ? 10 months 1 day ago #14052

I did the merge shortly after the request because I wanted to try it. I am not sure if notifications would still be sent if it is resolved quickly?

Ekos on Mac OS X ? 10 months 1 day ago #14066

Hi Jamie, could you also take a look at building the other 3rd party drivers? We are not building many of them and there are more available that we could build. We are already doing gphoto, eqmod, cloudwatcher, spectracyber, maxdomeII and sx. Three that I am particularly interested in are the ZWO/ASI, the SBIG, and the DSI. I started trying to modify the code to make them work, but I was having trouble. You will find my lines of code in the script commented out. Please take a look at your convenience. Thanks!

Ekos on Mac OS X ? 10 months 1 day ago #14068

Oh also, Jasem pushed a change that added Kf5NotificationConfiguration to KStars and it caused a build error. He will have to make another change that I don't know to make the emerge version work properly with this new dependency. But I did manage to fix the cmake build by just adding that to the brew installs. I pushed it to the script.

Jamie, I tried to delete the other branch, but cannot find the option. can you do it?

Ekos on Mac OS X ? 10 months 4 hours ago #14095

So Jasem fixed the build for KStars.

But there is more good news about the startup wizard. I figured out what I was doing wrong on the installers for netpbm, pip, and pyfits. I have a working dmg with those functional (but relying on home-brew being installed, if it is not, I give the user a link to how to install it)

I also fixed the OK button being enabled when it shouldn't be enabled problem, but haven't sent the change to Jasem yet.

Next I will add an installer button for gsc. data. Should be nice.

Ekos on Mac OS X ? 9 months 4 weeks ago #14098

Ok, I got the gsc data installer working! i sent it to Jasem, and if all checks out, I will build a new dmg for you guys to test tomorrow afternoon/evening. Get ready for it! It should be able to install everything but homebrew internally.
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds

Login

3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica