INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos on Mac OS X ?

• Thank you received: 809

Replied by Rob Lancaster on topic Ekos on Mac OS X ?

So, I have built a new DMG. This new DMG has a bunch of new features.

Over the past month or so, I have been extensively working on improvements to What's Interesting. It now features images and descriptions that you can download from Wikipedia as well as the information present in kstars. It allows you to explore catalogs, what is up in the sky right now, and see what interesting objects there are to explore. You can also use it to slew your telescope to any object in the lists very easily when you see one you like.

This DMG also includes the native ZWO driver that should have been present in the last DMG but was accidentally left out as well as the work I have done over the last 2 days to make the Canon driver work properly without GPhoto2 being installed on your computer. So yes, this should fix Alessio's problem.

This DMG also contains all the updates that have happened in KStars over the last month or so. I am not sure what else it includes because I have been focused exclusively on What's interesting and on the Canon problem.

Please test this DMG everyone to make sure all of these new features are working. It is an El Capitan build, so it should work on both that and Sierra.

Thanks,

Rob

drive.google.com/file/d/0B_ivMJINsdQ8SEh...UE0/view?usp=sharing
The following user(s) said Thank You: nMAC, Oliver, Matt Fulghum, Alessio Beltrame
6 years 10 months ago #16511
The topic has been locked.

Great that you are using the script!

I would recommend doing a pull on the script, deleting INDIRoot and starting over. I made a lot of changes to Jamie's script over the last 2 days to get the canon driver working properly without a gphoto install. Also, depending on how recently you ran Jamie's script, there were some changes to INDI, including now a native build for the ZWO driver that would not be included if you just did a pull on kstars. Rerunning the script will rebuild Indi and kstars, get the new files for gphoto in the right place, etc.

Normally when I am working with editing KStars code in the cmake version of the script, I just do a pull of kstars because the other files have not changed much and I'm not planning to deploy kstars to another computer from that installation. If I am making a dmg that I want to deploy for everyone, then I start fresh by deleting indiroot and run the craft version of the script. But because of all of the changes over the last 2 days, I would start fresh either way.

Thanks,

Rob
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eric Vickery
6 years 10 months ago #16512

We missed you Gonzo! I have a new DMG for you to test!
6 years 10 months ago #16513
  • Thank you received: 6

Replied by Eric Vickery on topic Ekos on Mac OS X ?

Another question.

The project built fine and I can run it on the machine I built it on but if I copy the app to my other machine it doesn't run because it is missing libraries. How do I go about getting it all bundled up so it will run on another machine? BTW I chose the Xcode option in the script.
6 years 10 months ago #16515

If you want it to run on different machines, you just need to run the script with the options -3aei. This will build kstars with everything wrapped up in the app, deploy it so it works on other machines, and make a dmg that makes it easy to distribute and install from. Currently, the way the script is written, you need to delete at least the Indi-stuff folder in order to start the script and the folder for whichever install type you want to do (if it already exists), such as kstars-craft, kstars-cmake, or kstars-xcode. The different versions can coexist in the same indiroot directory.
6 years 10 months ago #16516

There's no way to build it from one of the Xcode targets? I don't need the dmg, just the app but with all the libraries included in the bundle.
6 years 10 months ago #16518

Currently, the way the script is written, the craft version is the only way to get a distributable program. The reason is because the intent is for the craft version to build the app for distribution and the others are for building it to the point so you can edit the code in either QT Creator or Xcode. There are a bunch of steps involved to get kstars to a point that you could edit it, and then there are a bunch of steps after that to deploy it so it works on other computers. The craft version does all of it, the others just get it to the point where it works on your computer.

If you wanted to build kstars, edit it, make a change, and then deploy it, you would not be using a single script. We would need a separate script for deployment of the project after it is edited. Such a script could be written in the future. But really if you planned to edit KStars, the best plan would be to edit it, make a patch, submit your changes so kstars gets updated, and then deploy it. If you don't want to edit the code at all, I would recommend the craft version of the script.

If you don't want the dmg, just ignore it or delete it. Copying and pasting the kstars app located in /Indiroot/Kstars-craft/Applications/KDE after running the craft version of the script from one computer to another works just fine. It is entirely self contained.
6 years 10 months ago #16519

That makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.
6 years 10 months ago #16520
  • Thank you received: 5

Replied by Alessio Beltrame on topic Ekos on Mac OS X ?

Thanks Rob for the excellent work. I made a quick test this morning (I live in northeastern Italy - GMT +1) using Sierra on the MacBook Pro and the EOS 7D Mark II and this time it connected and operated properly. This evening I'll try the older 7D. For the weekend I'm planning to do a complete dry test with all my instrumentation connected. I'll report you back as soon as possible.
6 years 10 months ago #16522
  • Thank you received: 24

Replied by Stephen on topic Ekos on Mac OS X ?

This is the best one yet. There stills seems to be some focus issues with the open save dialogs for the CCD sequence and Schedule list.

The addition of the ZWO drivers is great. SkySafari worked. PHD2 connection I think worked - will check again tonight.

Doing a sequence via CCD is working.

The Scheduler though is timing out. It states it is starting and then just time out. It is likely something I have wrong. I will confirm this weekend and report back.

The setup is using the Mac KStars to connect to an RPI3 via INDIWebserver. Current tests was with the ZWO imaging, ZWO guider, ZWO EFW, and the telescope simulator.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rob Lancaster
6 years 10 months ago #16526

I use the capture (with sequences), align, and guide modules all the time in my imaging. I don't really use the scheduler though. That is a question for Jasem. Also I don't know what you mean about Focus issues?
6 years 10 months ago #16531
  • Thank you received: 24

Replied by Stephen on topic Ekos on Mac OS X ?

Re: focus... when the open or save buttons are clicked in on the CCD or Scheduler tabs, the file dialog appears behind everything. It can be brought forward by moving the Kstars, Ekos and /or INDI windows.

It would be easier if the dialogs would appear on top.

I did another quick test on the PHD2 and it works great Thank you.
6 years 10 months ago #16534
Time to create page: 1.325 seconds