INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos on Mac OS X ?

• Thank you received: 5

Replied by Alessio Beltrame on topic Ekos on Mac OS X ?

Thanks Rob,
I tested all new features and they're working well. I checked more in depth the new astrometry features by adding a new scope configuration (with a different FOV). the new optical features were recognized and new index files were recommended accordingly. Deleting files by unchecking them and lack of connectivity warning worked as well. Excellent work as usual.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rob Lancaster
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Alessio Beltrame.
6 years 9 months ago #17116
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 223

Replied by Gonzothegreat on topic Ekos on Mac OS X ?

Unless I'm doing it wrong, the checkboxes are not working here, nor any download is happening.
6 years 9 months ago #17117
Attachments:

ah it's downloading now, super slow, very slowly.
The required ones, you cannot tick the checkbox.
6 years 9 months ago #17118
  • Thank you received: 809

Replied by Rob Lancaster on topic Ekos on Mac OS X ?

Remember, some of them are actually quite a few files, and some of them are very big. The ones at the top should definitely download with no problem. the farther down you go, the longer it will take. I currently set a timeout for individual files of 1 minute, in case a download has a problem, but we will need to see if that is too short. If the index gets grayed out or disabled, that means it is trying to download. If it comes back and is NOT checked, that means it timed out.You could always try again. If there is no connection, it should not even try, i.e. if you check it, it should immediately uncheck and give you a warning that it cannot connect.
6 years 9 months ago #17119

Looking at your screenshot, it appears you are downloading both 4207 and 4208. From my experiments, it seems to me that downloads wait until the other is finished. I had hoped that they would download simultaneously, not sequentially. If you are using the smaller files (the ones at the top), you can check them at the same time and it will not be an issue. But if you check more than one at the bottom at the same time, there is a good chance one will time out while waiting in "line". I might have to play around with the timeout feature. I think it is important in case a download never completes, but maybe it should be a longer time.
6 years 9 months ago #17120

The ones that have been recommended are only a few M, it should not take that long to download. Let me try again.
6 years 9 months ago #17121

ah, I had not noticed the * in the file name... doh... that means several files are being downloaded. That explains why it seems slow.
I thought it was just one file.
6 years 9 months ago #17122

Based on what you said, it might be good to include some where the number of files that will be downloaded. I at least think that it would be good to include the file sizes. See what you think about this screenshot. Does this help?

6 years 9 months ago #17123
Attachments:

I thought about it. I think this could work for the number of index files:

6 years 9 months ago #17124
Attachments:

ok, this is strange, I can no longer download any indexes. It sorts of stuck somehow.
6 years 9 months ago #17125

When you're in Ekos / Align module and click on 'Options...' to gain access to the Astrometry configure window, it pops up as it should. However it does not stay in focus and I think it should until you're done doing your updates.
6 years 9 months ago #17126
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by Robert on topic Ekos on Mac OS X ?

Hi, I just discovered Kstar 2.7.8 and Ekos and must say that I have been impressed with it so far. However I seem to run into problems trying to connect my Canon 700D as well as with the PAA. I run Mac OSX El Capitan.
I realise there have been issues with connecting Canon DSLR before and was wondering if my error has popped up before with anybody.
The DSLR error messages I get are :

Camera_get_config failed (-2): Bad parameters
Can not open camera: Power OK? If camera is auto-mounted as external disk storage, please unmount it and disable auto-mount.
Camera_get_config failed (-53): Could not claim the USB device
It works fine when I use AstroDSLR from Cloudmakers which also uses INDI Server and INDI control panel and I assume the INDI driver for Canon DSLR.
The camera is not mounted as far as I can see.I have installed the latest indilib which I understand to be containing the gphoto driver.

Regarding the polar alignment: I seem not to be able to Clear the alignment model of my Celestron AVX mount. It gives me the error : Failed to clear Alignment Model.
When I start the PAA it first wants to "Clear the alignment model" which takes forever and eventually I give up. When I start the capture and solve process it doesn't seem to be able to find a solution. It keeps failing. "Solver failed after ... seconds). I have a guidescope (200mm focal length and 50mm aperture which should suffice) and an ASI 120MC.

Please help! This is quite frustrating.

I seem to be doing nothing else than encountering problems which I am trying to solve as best as possible instead of being able to enjoy some astronomy. :-(

Kind regards,
Robert
6 years 9 months ago #17426
Time to create page: 1.290 seconds