INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

3D cube FITS and debayer support in FITSViewer

Well, it's finally there, testing is appreciate! For more details, check out:

knro.blogspot.com/2015/02/3d-cube-fits-d...pport-in-kstars.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: pauledd
9 years 2 months ago #2998

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 34
great work :woohoo: testing today
--= human, without Windows™ =--
pls excuse my bad english! :)
9 years 2 months ago #3027

• Thank you received: 34
Ok I have to admit I have no clue what's that 3D cube thing and a "debayer" is. Seems to be something spectrographic thing isnt it?.
All I noticed is that the fits in the viewer I took from from my Canon (RAW mode in ekos) are not anymore grey but green :blink: or is this just because the color distribution is different in a fits?
Is there any advantage for the ordinary canon user over using the "NATIVE" option and use the original canon CR2's with the size of about 25MB/picture instead of taking a "RAW" 3D cube thing FITS with ~100MB/picture?
--= human, without Windows™ =--
pls excuse my bad english! :)
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by pauledd.
9 years 2 months ago #3033

3D cube FITS is fancy name for "Color FITS". For GPhoto, if you capture in JPEG, the image is stored as Color FITS and gets sent to Ekos. If you take a raw image, it is NOT sent as a color FITS, but rather as RAW FITS with bayer information embedded in the FITS header. It get debayered automatically by the FITSVIewer tool but you can adjust the debayering parameters. The RAW image is showed as is without any stretch/adjustments and this is why it looks funny.

At any rate, as I said in my blog, this is useful for inspection purposes. When you capture images of your astro targets, use "Native" method (not FITS) and select "RAW" as the file type.
9 years 2 months ago #3035

Time to create page: 0.638 seconds