INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Kstars-bleeding on Trusty?

• Thank you received: 1
Hi,
I'm a new INDI/Ekos user, so please excuse me if I'm asking a silly question.

I'm running Distro Astro 3 and I'd like to get kstars-bleeding installed on my system. I've gone through the forum and it seems that it is not possible due to various reasons (needs 14.10+, KDE 5 etc.). So simply put, is it possible to get kstars-bleeding installed on Trusty without re-installing everything?
9 years 2 months ago #3041

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Unfortunately, there is no way I know of.
9 years 2 months ago #3042

• Thank you received: 10

Replied by Steve on topic Kstars-bleeding on Trusty?

Must admit I`ve never been quite sure of the difference between Kstars and Kstars-bleeding?. I`m running Kstars on Kubuntu 15.04 and it seems to have all that bleeding had when I used 14.10. In fact I`d go as far to say that 15.04 SEEMS to be the most stable distro I`ve used up to now (crossing every finger!!)
Sorry not a very helpful reply is it :)
Steve
9 years 2 months ago #3043

• Thank you received: 10

Replied by Steve on topic Kstars-bleeding on Trusty?

Scrub that last statement, tried an observing session tonight and Ekos wouldn`t connect to my Lodestar or ZWO ASI120 camera but did connect to my Atik 314, NEQ6 mount and joystick despite changing the usb plugs around??. Had to try them on WIN 7 :ohmy: and all working ok. Guess I should wait for 15.04 in April, hopefully should be more stable :( The ZWO ASI120 camera actually worked fine on oaCapture in Linux which rules out any problem with the Linux drivers. Sorry for hijacking your post had to have a bit of a rant B)
Steve
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Steve.
9 years 2 months ago #3045

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by Marko T. on topic Kstars-bleeding on Trusty?

Thanks for your replies.
I seems like I'll have to make a decision whether or not to build things from scratch or stick with what works for now. The newer Ekos versions seem to have some functionality I'd like to have (ie. OBJRA/OBJDEC in the FITS header from the mount).
The good thing is that the computer is solely for mount control and image acquisition so it would be a rather simple thing to redo the whole installation.
9 years 2 months ago #3048

Maybe you can ask Bamm to make a 3.1 distroastro release or a spin-off with latest Ekos once Ubuntu 15.04 is released.
9 years 2 months ago #3049

Time to create page: 0.677 seconds