INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Which distro for Ekos/Indi?

• Thank you received: 10
Hi
Having problems with my joystick/mount tonight running Distroastro 3.0.1 and thinking of trying another distro and wondering which distros others are using Ekos/Indi with?. My mount took on a life of its own after a slew ending up pointing to the ground??. I`ve tried Kubuntu 64bit 14.04,14.10 and 15.04 and presently using Distroastro 3.0.1. All the distro`s seem to start off ok but then something stops working properly either a ccd isn`t detected or such like so I`d like to try another different distro such as Suse or maybe Fedora and would be very interested to hear which distro`s others are successfully running Ekos/Indi with. Also are Kstars-bleeding packages available for these please?
thanks
Steve
9 years 1 month ago #3164

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I don't think "distro hopping" will resolve any issues! I have been running 14.10 since last October and used it for all my astrophotography runs. The problems you're facing are probably not distro specific and could be resolved if investigated further. Notwithstanding that, you would need 14.10 or higher for KStars-bleeding. Distro-Astro and 14.04 won't simply work for you if you want the latest bug fixes.

You'd also suffer in other distros (with exception of Fedora as there are KStars-bleeding packages). So I'd recommend you try to isolate each issue and _stick_ with one distro. I'd recommend for now 14.10 with KDE 4 for stability. In April, we should be using 15.04 which would be much more stable as far as KDE 5 is concerned. I am running KDE 5 at the moment and it's working OK, but more stability is better.
9 years 1 month ago #3169

• Thank you received: 10

Replied by Steve on topic Which distro for Ekos/Indi?

Thanks for that Jasem!. It was getting to the point where I was spending more time configuring Linux/Ekos/Indi than actual astronomy :huh: .
I`ll put Kubuntu 14.10 back on for now and do as you suggest ;)
cheers
Steve
9 years 1 month ago #3172

Time to create page: 0.478 seconds