INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Goto with Ekos/Indi to unknown position?

• Thank you received: 10
Hi
A few objects I want to observe are not listed in Kstars. I know I can centre the Kstars map to any point if I enter the RA and Dec but how can I slew the scope to the same RA and Dec please?
cheers
Steve
9 years 2 months ago #3218

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1
Yes. It would be nice for example if a flag could be placed at the manually entered coordinates and then the flag could be selected as a goto point.
9 years 2 months ago #3226

Yes that would be a great feature, not sure how else to do it other than star hopping with a paper chart?? Or maybe a `goto` tab could be added to the Indi control panel ;-))
Steve
9 years 2 months ago #3227

One thought I did have was to use Cartes du Ciel to slew to the chosen object as I believe CdC uses the Indi drivers (although I haven`t tried it with Indi yet so not sure how accurate it is) and when locked on to the object refer back to using Kstars/Ekos/Indi for the rest of the imaging/synching etc ??.
Steve
9 years 2 months ago #3232

KStars already has flags:

Tools -> Flags

Also, you can enter the RA/DEC in the INDI Control Panel directly if you want to.
9 years 2 months ago #3233

Thanks Jasem. Sorry if its a Kstars question but I seem to be going around in circles trying to get a flag on screen. In the flag manager it says I need to add an icon such as a small cross in the directory $HOME/.kde5/local/share/kstars file but I don`t have kde5 installed and my Kstars directory is located at user/share/kstars, In there I changed the small red cross gif called defaultflag.gif name to _flagsdefaultflag.gif but still does not show a cross in the flag manager icon option?
Steve
9 years 2 months ago #3234

• Thank you received: 1
It works under KDE5, just tried it. The marker didn't show up yesterday for some reason.
9 years 2 months ago #3237

Thanks for that , I`ll put KDE5 on later and try it :)
Steve
9 years 2 months ago #3239

Is KDE5 and Plasma 5 the same thing?. Anyway installed Plasma5 and my 14.10 didn`t like it so reinstalled an older 14.10 build and flags now available.
thanks
Steve
9 years 2 months ago #3255

Time to create page: 1.066 seconds