INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Kstars/Indi crashed on new 15.04 beta!

• Thank you received: 10
Hi guys
Just loaded the first Kubuntu 15.04 beta today and installed Kstars-bleeding ,in Ekos I selected telescope simulator and ccd simulator,clicked start Indi and then Kstars crashed and does same point each time ;-(. I`ve installed kstars-bleeding .dpg how do I submit the crash please?
thanks
Steve
9 years 1 month ago #3346

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
9 years 1 month ago #3347

• Thank you received: 1
Gasman. No problems here.

I assume you have added all the necessary repositories from the sticky thread. You don't need the kubuntu-ci repo (it will not download anything from there, you'll only get error notifications with the update).

You should first do an upgrade and then do a dist-upgrade (probably need to do it a couple of times to get everything up to speed).
If you have an AMD/ATI graphics card I suggest you turn of vertical sync (at least while testing).

I hope this helps.
9 years 1 month ago #3348

Hi Peeps
Yes followed Jasem`s `installing kstars-bleeding` to the letter, I can almost remember it word for word I`ve done it that often.
Beginning to think my little Sony Vaio might be due to be laid to rest as its the main one I use for the obs. I have a newer HP laptop which is currently running Win 7 and Kubuntu 14.04 and I might upgrade that to 15.04 beta and see if thats the same!
Steve
9 years 1 month ago #3349

Well I`m a bit reluctant to admit this BUT :oops: I`ve always installed iso`s based on the AMD64 cpu!! Turns out after a bit of digging my laptop actually has a Pentium processor installed so not sure if it will make much difference but it surely can`t have helped matters Doh!!!!! Well if it helps someone else :oops: :oops:
Steve
9 years 1 month ago #3351

Installed the x86 version of 15.04 and Kstars/Ekos/Indi fires up ok. I`ve installed the 32bit Atik driver from Cloudmakers and a bit concerned its not shown as an option in Indi control panel ccd? (the Atik is not connected yet!). I`ve always had this as an Indi ccd option with the AMD build even without my Atik connected, is this usual as I`m not able to try it connected to my Atik in the obs at the moment?
thanks
Steve
9 years 1 month ago #3352

Hi peeps
Happy to report Ubuntu Mate 15.04 beta is chugging away nicely with Kstars/Indi. Still unable to download catalogues though, otherwise no probs so far ;)
Steve
9 years 1 month ago #3383

Time to create page: 0.671 seconds