INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

KStars FITSViewer save on modification

I wanted to get your feedback on KStars FITSViewer tool. Currently, it you make any modification to the image (like auto stretch, histogram, rotate...etc), the FITS image is marked as modified and if you try to close it it warns you that it has unsaved changes and whether you want to save. However, I never saved any changes myself as I just use these filters/operations to preview stuff (it's a _viewer_ after all). So I plan to disable the save confirmation and just close the FITS file with its original contents unless the user explicitly saves the FITS file (by clicking on the save/save as icon or from the file menu).

Anyone against this?
9 years 1 month ago #3451

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 10
No probs with that Jasem as long as you are still able to save the altered fits in some form as sometimes it could be the only shot I get after tweaking a star onto the spectroscope slit!
Steve
9 years 1 month ago #3453

• Thank you received: 34
I also never used the dialog.. I dont need it.
--= human, without Windows™ =--
pls excuse my bad english! :)
9 years 1 month ago #3455

• Thank you received: 1
I don't need it either. If I want to edit te FITS I use a separate tool. It would be nice if we could still have "autostretch" enabled in the preview. This is, if you intend to change the GUI for the viewer. If not, then just disabling the save dialog is fine.

PS. After the issue with the crashing of the fits viewer I switched to standard Ubuntu 15.04 and no problems there.
9 years 1 month ago #3456

Time to create page: 0.492 seconds