INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Problems with the Ekos guide module

• Thank you received: 62
Hi!

Had a chance to experiment tonight. Here are two log files. the first is long, and by the end of it, I have tried gudiing with Dec turned on. What happened when I did that, was that the scope drifted south, and the guidestar was lost. I tried checking and unchecking the "Reverse Dec" checkbox, but seemingly nothing happend.. The second shorter, is from my attempts to re-calibrate folloing these attepts at guiding. Alos here, the scope drifts south, and fails to reach the start point.

This is not the result of bad polar aligment. Just previously, I took 20 pictures each 180 sec unguided, with very little trailing.

I also set the mount slew rate to guide camera when doing this, it was at centering by default.

What do you make of it?

Magnus
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Magnus Larsson. Reason: Missing attached files
8 years 3 months ago #6403
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Perhaps during the calibration phase, the DEC swap was not set correctly. You can manually turn on/off DEC swap. Also, whenever the weather is suitable let me know I can login via teamviewer and monitor the situation with you and make changes accordingly.
8 years 3 months ago #6416

• Thank you received: 62
Hi!

Yes, I was suspecting the Dec swap to be doing things. What I did, was to try to turn it on and off, while doing this - but I culd see no effect from it. Does it affect the guiding immediately when I change it while guding is going on, or only when starting the guding?

I'll tell you next time I'm out. I'll install Teamviewer, and we'll take it from there. What's you team viewer ID? You can email me directly if you want, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Magnus
8 years 3 months ago #6417

Time to create page: 0.673 seconds