INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

[SOLVED] Lack of Ekos in KStars

• Thank you received: 1
Hello all and happy new year !

I have tried to install Indi/Ekos/KStars on KUbuntu 15.10 in a Panasonic Toughbook CF-W7 laptop.
I have used the recommended method in the Indi website : indi-full + kstars-bleeding. All works fine BUT Ekos doesn't appear in KStars !
So, I thought that have made a mistake. I have uninstalled indi-full and kstars-bleeding packages and tried to compile all softwares by myself using the howto in the forum (Indi server and indi 3rd party drivers, Astrometry.net and finally KStars). Ekos is still missing in my KStars. I don't have Ekos nor Indi in the Configuration menu.
What is wrong ?
Indiserver seems to work (the process is running and listens to the port 7624). Astrometry.net is installed, according to their installation guide. But, during the KStars compilation, the installation procedure shows that it doesn't find Indi and Astrometry.net. This is really strange.

I have planned to use KStars to remotely manage my telescope equipped with a BeagleBone Black card where Indiserver will be embedded.
I'm very interested to use Indi and KStars for remote spectroscopy purposes. My goal is to use Indi capabilities via a web interface. And I'm very interested to participate to the Indi/Ekos adventure. I'm working as webmaster in the most important astronomy store in France. I can try many kind of astronomy equipment we have in the store. This is really cool :)

Thank you for your help
Vincent
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Vincent Bouttard.
8 years 3 months ago #6475

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Lack of Ekos in KStars

You don't need to compile anything! Even Kubuntu 15.10 by default has KStars with Ekos. The kstars-bleeding is just the latest KStars daily builds. I'm afraid the local compiling might have contributed to this. If you've got TeamViewer installed, I can login to check the issue.
8 years 3 months ago #6476

Hello Jasem

What is the best solution ? Uninstall something or try to reinstall KStars/Indi ?
I have TeamViewer installed on KUbuntu

Thank you !
Vincent
8 years 3 months ago #6479

Hi Jasem,

The problem is solved.
I have just reinstall KStars directly from the Ubuntu repository (apt-get install kstars) instead of kstars-bleeding. It installs kstars and astrometry.net + kstars-data dependancies. The version is 2.3.0 but Ekos and Indi are here now.

Vincent
8 years 3 months ago #6482

• Thank you received: 223
Ekos has gone AWOL, done an update/upgrade on the VM about 15 min ago.
I'm in contact with Jasem about it, he's checking the build....
8 years 3 months ago #6484

I can confirm the problem, working on resolving it. Hopefully by later today it would be resolved.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vincent Groenewold
8 years 3 months ago #6485

Issue is now resolved for 15.10, for other versions of Ubuntu packages will be built soon.
8 years 3 months ago #6491

• Thank you received: 223

I confirm that it is now fixed, thanks a lot :)
8 years 3 months ago #6492

• Thank you received: 32
I'm glad I got into the habit of upgrading my system as fast as knro. :) Just upgraded to 15.10 and all working well, thanks a lot for all the fast development on this! Amazing.
8 years 3 months ago #6495

Time to create page: 1.921 seconds