INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Automated flats?

• Thank you received: 62
Hi!

I am trying out the automated flats function, but I am far from sure I understand it. Here are a few questions:
- it seems the ADU function only works with fits images. I'm unsing a DSLR, and would prefer to download as Raw (however, I might reconsider this, if it's better to work consistently with fits...). Right?
- what is an appropriate ADU-setting? I try with 50 %, but what happens is that it settles for 23 %. This is the output in Swedish:
"2016-01-10T13:57:38 Aktuell ADU är 23.353 %. Nästa exponering är 1.500 sekunder."
How is this to be understood?
- I'm using a flat white screen, a TV showing a white image. Is it better to call this "manual" or "wall", and if I call it "wall", how would appropriate az and alt settings look (I've tried several but seems not to find out).

Best,

Magnus
8 years 2 months ago #6568

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Automated flats?

1. Yes it only works with FITS.
2. Depends on you want, I set it @ 25%. Also the automated flats assume a CCD linear curve where I'm not sure how would behave for DSLR, I may test that later.
3. If you want you mount to move to the TV location, then you need to set the Az/Alt of the location so that the telescope tube ends up looking at it. If you're moving the mount yourself to face the TV, set it to "Manual".
8 years 2 months ago #6571

Replied by Magnus Larsson on topic Automated flats?

Hi!

Great. So I'll try 25. But how come it settles for 23% when I set 50 in the box?

Also: I set exposure to 1 sek, 50 exposures, iso 800, saving images in a folder (flats_2016-01-19) add this as a sequence, and hit "start sequence". So it starts capturing. But no images are saved. Is that right?

Magnus
8 years 2 months ago #6573

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Automated flats?

It's not suppose to settle @ 23% if it was 50%, I need to investigate that under DSLR. When you start if you select a specific ADU, the first few images where it is calculating the curve are not saved, but once optimal exposure time is found, all subsequent images are saved.
8 years 2 months ago #6574

Replied by Magnus Larsson on topic Automated flats?

Hrm. That's interesting. It saved nothing here, despite stabilizing at some 23 %. Can I debug in some way, next time I do it (not today)?

Magnus
8 years 2 months ago #6575

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds