Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
02 Jan 2018
INDI development team is happy to announce the release of INDI Library v1.6.0. This new exciting release builds on the maturity of INDI Library and comes with many new supported devices and fixes for existing drivers.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: New version of INDI Web Manager

New version of INDI Web Manager 5 months 1 week ago #19262

Ah ok, so the button is not really useful. My installation is compliant, I am reassured :).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New version of INDI Web Manager 5 months 1 week ago #19271

• juanmb
  • juanmb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 15
Yes, a "Save" button would be more clear.
Also, the web UI currently doesn't prevent you from creating two profiles with the same name, but the database will throw an ugly error ("UNIQUE constraint failed") if you try to do so.
The following user(s) said Thank You: moustickk

New version of INDI Web Manager 1 month 1 week ago #22368

Hi,

I am looking for a tutorial on how to install/use the indi webmanager in ekos/kstars for OSX. Is there such a thing?
Thanks,

New version of INDI Web Manager 1 month 1 week ago #22369

The web manager is primarily intended for putting on a device like a raspberry pi or other computer you have attached to your telescope so that you can remotely start and stop the indiserver as well as manage the driver profiles without having to use the keyboard, mouse, ssh, or VNC. So typically your Mac/windows/linux laptop or desktop client computer accesses the indiserver running on the remote device. Are you intending to use a Mac for the remotely controlled computer attached to the telescope?

New version of INDI Web Manager 1 month 1 week ago #22375

That is how I have been working so far. A remote Mac (OSX) is connected to my telescope. I have ekos/Kstars running on that remote computer and configured as shown on the screenshot below (capturefiles 1-2-3).
The Mac in my house is setup as seen in the screenshots (4 and 5) and connected via the internet to my remote Mac.
I think I had the principle of INDI Web manager completely misunderstood. I thought it was a way to get the drivers from a dedicated server somewhere online so that one would not have to use drivers on one's own computers. Silly me, of course. Reason why I wanted to use the Web Manager following that reasoning is to perhaps be able to access a driver for a focus controller I have (HitecAstroDC ver 2). The existing driver in INDI does not accept mine because of wrong Product ID. So Jasem was so kind as to adapt this driver so it would accept mine. Unfortunately I would need to compile INDI from source which is absolutely like "Chinese" to me. He is considering the need for a basic tutorial for OSX users how to compile for INDI. I guess that will take a while as the man has his hands full with all these questions. :-) I hope that explains my question a bit.

New version of INDI Web Manager 1 month 1 week ago #22378

Ok i see. That setup would work of course because KStars does start up an indiserver which you can connect to from other computers as well. If you do not plan to actually interact with kstars on the remote mac directly and just use it as an indi server, you can also run the INDI server program from cloudmakers on that computer and use KStars on your client mac. Or as i assume Jasem told you, you can also run INDI on the remote mac independently of either program. Yes this last option probably means you would need to compile from source code using a program like Xcode and it would also mean you would need to run it from the command line.

So did Jasem make a whole separate driver for you to use your device? Does it have a separate name from the previous driver and an xml file to go with it? If so, the driver itself would just need to be up and running on the remote mac and on the local one, if you just copy the xml file into the right folder, you should be fine connecting to the driver remotely.

New version of INDI Web Manager 1 month 1 week ago #22380

I understand that Jasem adapted the existing 'hitecastro-dc' driver so it would accept my hitecastro focuser controller. Am not sure. I haven't been sent an xml file. It would be helpful to have such a file and to know where to put it so I can work until the next version of kstars comes out.
This is what Jasem wrote "I added your PID to hitech focuser now, but you will need to compile INDI from source to be able to test that."
I believe from what I see on Github under indi issues that my focuser was added in the following file : 'libindi/drivers/focuser/hitecastrodcfocuser.cpp'
I suppose that is what should be 'compiled' into indi.

New version of INDI Web Manager 1 month 1 week ago #22381

Yes I understand. It isn't a different driver at all. He just adapted the existing driver to include your product ID. If you can wait a couple of days, I can make a new dmg with the new version of the driver included. At the moment I am discussing with some people possibly reorganizing some of the files in the DMG and changing the INDI drivers and KStars code slightly to support the new structure. Also dark theme support for KStars on OS X is currently being worked on by Jasem. Once these items are done, then I can make a new dmg.
The following user(s) said Thank You: knro

New version of INDI Web Manager 1 month 1 week ago #22382

That's ok. Sounds good. Looking forward and thanks for the work. ;-)

Greetz,

Robert

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Login

3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica