Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
08 Apr 2018
INDI development team is happy to announce the release of INDI Library v1.7.0. This new exciting release builds on the maturity of INDI Library and comes with many new supported devices and fixes for existing drivers.
Read More...

TOPIC: Raspberry Pi 3 Setup Script

Raspberry Pi 3 Setup Script 3 months 3 weeks ago #22976

rlancaste wrote: I have a solution that seems to work without the oxygen icon theme or the fallback icons. Can somebody else try this?

Add a file called ~/.config/kdeglobals

and put in it:
[Icons]
Theme=breeze

If this works I can easily add that to the setup script. I found the answer here:
www.google.com/url?q=https://forum.kde.o...yC2IJbCFjNA2023L86qg

This worked for me. I just installed kstars on my Linux PC, and the icons were missing. (I had a few difficulties with an existing kstars causing dependency issues) I recalled this thread, and that kdeglobals file got the icons appearing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Raspberry Pi 3 Setup Script 3 months 3 weeks ago #23000

Really silly question I guess; but can I let the Raspberry also start the hotspot automatically when no Ethernet cable is attached? I now have to get into the Pi to do this manually, but it might also mean I have something not set up right.

Raspberry Pi 3 Setup Script 3 months 2 weeks ago #23194

• rlancaste
  • rlancaste's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 295
I edited the AstroPi3 Script today. There should be 3 improvements based on recommendations people have said over the last several days.

1. I added the ~/.config/kdeglobals file so that the breeze icons will work properly in KStars without needing the oxygen icon theme installed

2. I commented out the CUPS parallel printer Kernel modules that don't exist on raspberry pi in the cups config file so that the boot time is shorter.

3. I set Firefox to a version that works.

Thanks,

Rob
The following user(s) said Thank You: supernov, TheRealEleven

Raspberry Pi 3 Setup Script 3 months 2 weeks ago #23196

Thanks very much for all the work you put in this Rob. I wasn’t too happy about your choice for RealVNC, mostly because it cannot be installed by adding a ppa or other repo, so I changed it for vino, which is the Gnome default VNC player. If you like I can tell you how I installed and configured it. Not sure how to automate some of the steps though...

Modded Canon EOS 700D with a WO ZS 71 ED on a SW HEQ5-Pro

Raspberry Pi 3 Setup Script 3 months 2 weeks ago #23202

• rlancaste
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I actually used Vino in the earlier versions of the script. I changed it to RealVNC for several reasons. It was easier for beginners to setup and get working with other equipment. The connection was encrypted and didn't require changing other settings on the Pi or other computer to accommodate an unencrypted connection. And I liked how it was easier for users to configure.

I could potentially make it optional so that users could choose which one they would like, vino vs. realVNC vs, x11vnc. (Note that I had to use X11VNC on the 64 bit version since there is no arm64 version of realVNC.

Raspberry Pi 3 Setup Script 3 months 2 weeks ago #23203

True, vino needs to offer unencrypted connections for Mac OS X clients to be able to connect. I have no problem with that but can see how other users would.

Modded Canon EOS 700D with a WO ZS 71 ED on a SW HEQ5-Pro

Raspberry Pi 3 Setup Script 3 months 2 weeks ago #23206

• rlancaste
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
This afternoon I just added an astrometry index file downloader for anybody who has been having trouble with that. All you have to do is run the setupAstroPi3.sh script again and you will get the script link in the utilities folder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: supernov, feilimb

Raspberry Pi 3 Setup Script 3 months 2 weeks ago #23230

Absolutely fantastic stuff Rob, apart from some indi specific issues, I was up and running in 1 go. Thanks!

Raspberry Pi 3 Setup Script 3 months 2 weeks ago #23277

Fantastic Rob! I've got your script loaded on my Odroid and I've VNC'd into the Odroid from my Mac-Book Pro; so-far-so-good. I have a question though: How do I set up the "decent resolution" for when the HDMI display is not connected to the Odroid? I suspect I need to edit the boot.ini file, but I'm not sure which lines to modify.

Thanks.

Raspberry Pi 3 Setup Script 3 months 1 week ago #23296

• rlancaste
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Yes, you will need to edit boot.ini. Note where it says:

# Possible screen resolutions
# Uncomment only a single Line! The line with setenv written.
# At least one mode must be selected.

You will need to pick a resolution from the list. I chose this one in the 1080 lines section:

setenv m "1080p60hz" # Progressive 60Hz

Raspberry Pi 3 Setup Script 3 months 1 week ago #23360

• rlancaste
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I just made some updates to the setup script for both the Raspberry Pi and the 64 bit SBCs. I added a software updater script that will update the system to the latest software in the Utilities folder. I also updated the conkyrc file so that ethernet information is displayed in addition to the wifi information that was already there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: starhopper, Casaro68, supernov, feilimb

Raspberry Pi 3 Setup Script 3 months 1 week ago #23363

• rlancaste
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Just added some pretty icons for the utility scripts

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Casaro68, supernov, feilimb

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds

Login

3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica