Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
08 Apr 2018
INDI development team is happy to announce the release of INDI Library v1.7.0. This new exciting release builds on the maturity of INDI Library and comes with many new supported devices and fixes for existing drivers.
Read More...

TOPIC: Indi on the rocks (a Rock64 to be exact)

Indi on the rocks (a Rock64 to be exact) 5 months 5 days ago #21067

Sorry to hear - I actually received mine about 2-3 days ahead of the initially envisaged timeline. Shipping itself seemed to take very long. Not sure, how it is actually shipped.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Indi on the rocks (a Rock64 to be exact) 5 months 5 days ago #21069

I"m betting its just like it sounds...shipping. A big slow cargo ship.

Indi on the rocks (a Rock64 to be exact) 5 months 5 days ago #21072

• wimvb
  • wimvb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
Tracking the shipment didn't work. But delivery was within two weeks approximately. No delays in customs, as value on package was only 10 USD.

Helge: I started wifi from the ubuntu desktop, so never needed to edit any file. And I don't use kstars on the Rock64, only indiserver. I use the Windows version of kstars as a client, so no colour issues.

Wim

Opticron Oregon 15*70, Skywatcher 150PDS + ST80, AZ-EQ6 GT + EQ3-2 Goto, ZWO ASI174MM-Cool + Pentax K20D (retired) + ZWO ASI120MM, homemade ditherbox, PixInsight, Raspberry Pi with INDI & PHD2, cloud cover

www.astrobin.com/users/wimvb/
Last Edit: by wimvb.

Indi on the rocks (a Rock64 to be exact) 5 months 4 days ago #21131

Just started again creating fresh image, installing all the components. In my case, python3 is not working, installing indi-web only seem to install with python-dev and related python-setuptool.

Tried today to connect the ASI071, seems to work, both single shots and live video (with Ekos). To be continued.

@ Wim: could you do me a favor and connect your screen to the Rock64, and try for instance to open LibreOffice and let me know if you get applications windows with proper colors schemes - or same for Ekos? In my case, still distorted.

BTW: you were right, no need to set up /etc/network/interfaces file.

Indi on the rocks (a Rock64 to be exact) 5 months 4 days ago #21134

• wimvb
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Tried it. Libreoffice colours are ok, but the program window doesn't refresh properly.
Kstars refreshes ok, but the ekos buttons are very dark. This is with a fresh ubuntu install. Since I have used the rock headless most of the time, this hasn't bothered me. But tonight I use everything locally, and it's difficult to see buttons that are pressed. I guess it has to do with display and windows settings. (in my case, the display is a 32" philips tv, with hdmi connection.)

Btw, you're correct about the indiweb installation requiring the right python version. Python & setuptool need to be insralled in order to install pip and indi web manager. I reinstalked everything fresh today.
I also tried installing on debian Hessie, but got error messages when yrying to install dependencies. Eventually, I gave up on this, as I didn't want to have this interfere with my testing.

Wim

Opticron Oregon 15*70, Skywatcher 150PDS + ST80, AZ-EQ6 GT + EQ3-2 Goto, ZWO ASI174MM-Cool + Pentax K20D (retired) + ZWO ASI120MM, homemade ditherbox, PixInsight, Raspberry Pi with INDI & PHD2, cloud cover

Last Edit: by wimvb.

Indi on the rocks (a Rock64 to be exact) 5 months 4 days ago #21135

You aren't using the dark theme by any chance? There is breeze light and breeze dark.

Indi on the rocks (a Rock64 to be exact) 5 months 4 days ago #21136

Good news, I got a tracking update, my rock64 will be here by 11/27. If that is true, total shipping time will be just under 1 month.

Indi on the rocks (a Rock64 to be exact) 5 months 4 days ago #21158

Tried different color schemes and display settings, but it does not seem like the issue can be addressed via the display settings. Issue appears in the same manner for Samsung 38‘‘ tv and 7‘‘ LCD screen.

@ Wim - your description of the issue is more precise, this is exactly what I have been experiencing (thanks for testing - at least now I know that it is nothing I did wrong).

I logged a ticket at the Pine64 homepage, will also do a post on their forum.

Indi on the rocks (a Rock64 to be exact) 5 months 4 days ago #21163

Hi Wim,

Can I ask you this:

How are you dealing with the authentication process when you start up the Rock64 - it seems like I cannot ssh into the rock (from my laptop), unless I typed my log in credentials on the Rock64. Or is this something you deactivated?

On the INDI web manager service - were you following the instructions on github to execute the indiwebmanager.service upon booting, or do you start via ssh-commands (indi-web -v)?

Sometimes my WiFi connection is not starting up after rebooting - is this something you also observe?

Sorry for so many questions- your help is appreciated,

Best, Helge

P.S. Looking forward having Rob on our side, once he received his Rock64! ;)

Indi on the rocks (a Rock64 to be exact) 5 months 4 days ago #21164

• wimvb
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
When you configure your wifi network, you have to enable it for all users. You do this in the desktop where you entered the passphrase for the network. After that you can ssh into the rock from putty.
Indi web manager: I used the command line. But yesterday I also installed the service.
Hope this quick answer helps

Wim

Indi on the rocks (a Rock64 to be exact) 5 months 4 days ago #21171

Well one thing you can try is you could take a look at my script that i made for setting everything up on Raspberry Pi and the other one for 64 bit systems like rock64. I havent tried it yet, but many of the items should be the same.

github.com/rlancaste/AstroPi3

For example, you mention an issue with ssh. I can't verify this yet, but if you look at my raspberry pj script, i had to run two commands to enable ssh on the pi because it was disabled by default. You might try running them. I wouldnt probably run the whole script yet unless you are feeling very brave, but some things like that could help.

Thanks,

Rob

Indi on the rocks (a Rock64 to be exact) 5 months 3 days ago #21186

Dear Rob, dear Wim,

Many thanks once again for supporting!

The script is impressive, thank you for preparing all this!

I compared what I have written into the „indiwebmanager.service“ file to lines 324 to 336 of the script „setupAstro64.sh“. Only difference is that I put „rock64“ where you have „$SUDO_USER“.

Then did all lines from 341 to 357.

When checking the status of indi-web, I get the same message as before. Could you have a look at my other post and let me know if you receive the same message (I.e. is the message I receive indicating a problem, or does it look fine?). Or if you could just post what you receive when checking the status?

Then: from the code between line 347 to 357 I was hoping that after a reboot a new icon would pop up, but nothing came up. Also here I was inputting „rock64“ instead of $SUDO_USER“. Somewhere I am getting it wrong...

SSH is essentially fine, as long as the connection to WLAN is established - which on occasion is not the case. Sometimes I receive a message that eth0 is connected, which does not make sense to me, as I’m not using the Ethernet port.

Best, Helge

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds

Login

3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica