Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
08 Apr 2018
INDI development team is happy to announce the release of INDI Library v1.7.0. This new exciting release builds on the maturity of INDI Library and comes with many new supported devices and fixes for existing drivers.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: INDIWeb - error failed to add drivers to profile

INDIWeb - error failed to add drivers to profile 4 months 2 weeks ago #23001

I've been racking my head trying to figure this out but I'm not having any luck getting indiweb to allow me to add devices to profiles. I've followed the indiweb github instructions to the letter. There does seem to be one error with those instructions however. If you want to install indiweb into the current users home directory you need to do it like this:
$ pip install --user indiweb

Without the --user it would not work for me. I do have indiweb running as my local users in ~/.local but I still can't add devices to profiles. When I do, I get a dialog box saying: error failed to add drivers to profile. Indiweb reports this:
Feb 05 18:06:42 indiserver indi-web[1094]:   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bottle.py", line 1740, in wrapper
Feb 05 18:06:42 indiserver indi-web[1094]:     rv = callback(*a, **ka)
Feb 05 18:06:42 indiserver indi-web[1094]:   File "/home/jrsphoto/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/indiweb/main.py", line 147, in save_profile_drivers
Feb 05 18:06:42 indiserver indi-web[1094]:     db.save_profile_drivers(name, data)
Feb 05 18:06:42 indiserver indi-web[1094]:   File "/home/jrsphoto/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/indiweb/database.py", line 130, in save_profile_drivers
Feb 05 18:06:42 indiserver indi-web[1094]:     pid = self.add_profile(name)
Feb 05 18:06:42 indiserver indi-web[1094]:   File "/home/jrsphoto/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/indiweb/database.py", line 99, in add_profile
Feb 05 18:06:42 indiserver indi-web[1094]:     c.execute('INSERT INTO profile (name) VALUES(?)', (name,))
Feb 05 18:06:42 indiserver indi-web[1094]: OperationalError: attempt to write a readonly database
Feb 05 18:06:42 indiserver indi-web[1094]: 10.1.1.3 - - [05/Feb/2018 18:06:42] "POST /api/profiles/test/drivers HTTP/1.1" 500 766

And this is my services file:
[Unit]
Description=INDI Web Manager
After=multi-user.target

[Service]
Type=idle
# MUST SET YOUR USERNAME HERE.
User=jrsphoto
ExecStart=/home/jrsphoto/.local/bin/indi-web -v
Restart=always
RestartSec=5

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

All of the indiweb files it should be using are in :~/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/indiweb, which I have 665 permissions to (well to that entire structure really). I just don't get whats causing the "OperationalError: attempt to write a readonly database" error!

Any clues?

Cheers

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

INDIWeb - error failed to add drivers to profile 4 months 2 weeks ago #23024

I figured this out. It turns out that my ~/.indi directory was owned by root. I'm not exactly sure how I managed to do that but once I change the ownership back, things started working.

I'm building an OnStep MaxPCB controller for a Losmandy G11 mount and I'm excited to try all this stuff together in a few weeks. I'm running indiserver on a small little Pine64 computer and so far, things seem to be working well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: knro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds

Login

3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica