Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
08 Apr 2018
INDI development team is happy to announce the release of INDI Library v1.7.0. This new exciting release builds on the maturity of INDI Library and comes with many new supported devices and fixes for existing drivers.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: New rpi3 B+, would it be a straight SD card swap...?

New rpi3 B+, would it be a straight SD card swap...? 2 months 3 weeks ago #24696

Hi all,
I currently use the rpi3 B and am wanting to try the new B+ version with faster processor and gigabyte Ethernet, just wondered if it would be a case of just taking the SD card out of my existing rpi3 B and moving it to the B+. Or would it require more work than that..? Apart from the faster processor, better WiFi and faster gigabyte Ethernet it looks identical..
:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New rpi3 B+, would it be a straight SD card swap...? 2 months 3 weeks ago #24699

Looks like you're the one who will enlighten the rest of us...
:-))
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheRealEleven

New rpi3 B+, would it be a straight SD card swap...? 2 months 3 weeks ago #24702

Looks that way.... :) :)

New rpi3 B+, would it be a straight SD card swap...? 2 months 3 weeks ago #24708

No, it's not going to work this way. See this discussion on raspberry pi forum
The following user(s) said Thank You: AstroNerd

New rpi3 B+, would it be a straight SD card swap...? 2 months 3 weeks ago #24716

Ah, ok so looks like I got to wait a while for an Ubuntu mate update then, as that is what’s used the Stellarmate OS, I guess it won’t be long.. :)

New rpi3 B+, would it be a straight SD card swap...? 2 months 3 weeks ago #24728

It would be if you were running Raspbian and did an update first but Ubuntu Mate does not run.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AstroNerd

New rpi3 B+, would it be a straight SD card swap...? 2 months 6 days ago #25241

Hi everybody,

Just to let you know I just download and test the new Stellarmate version 1.2.9 and everything work fine on my new Raspberry Pi 3 B+

Thanks a lot to Jasem for this new version !!!

Gervais
The following user(s) said Thank You: knro, gbeaton

New rpi3 B+, would it be a straight SD card swap...? 2 months 4 days ago #25334

Where do I download the new version.... I have just been updating mine rather than down,oading a new version, is the correct..??

New rpi3 B+, would it be a straight SD card swap...? 2 months 4 days ago #25337

If you're having troubles downloading the updated StellarMate OS, just submit a ticket to support and you shall receive a new link.

Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Add your observatory info

New rpi3 B+, would it be a straight SD card swap...? 2 months 4 days ago #25339

I am using a rpi 3 B+ with Ubuntu mate from this link. downloads.mijnscore.be/Ubuntu%20Mate%20SD.torrent

New rpi3 B+, would it be a straight SD card swap...? 2 months 4 days ago #25341

I’m not having trouble, as I don’t know where to look, for an updated version, ....like I say I am just updating it using the update tool from within the stellarmate OS, is that not correct....?.

New rpi3 B+, would it be a straight SD card swap...? 2 months 4 days ago #25342

So to update, I have to download the new image file and burn to a SD card all over again, so any settings I have on my stellarmate will be all lost, all my serial port manager settings, screen layout settings and so on, and I will have to star all over again....!!! Is this correct, does the updater within stellarmate not update to the newest version...??? Seems a bit ridiculous that after each update we Have to start all over again by burning a new image file.....

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

Login

3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica