Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
27 Feb 2017
INDI development team is happy to announce the release of INDI Library v1.4.0. This new exciting release builds on the maturity of INDI Library and comes with many new supported devices and fixes for existing drivers. Several improvements and enhancements are included in this release including native support for Cygwin and MacOS platforms in addition to Linux, BSD, and Windows (Client only).
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: Moonlight focuser and rotator - anyone using with RPI3

Moonlight focuser and rotator - anyone using with RPI3 3 months 1 week ago #15328

• maudy
  • maudy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
Does anyone use the Moonlight focuser and rotator with an RPI3?

I am considering getting a moonlight and focuses; however, if it does not work well with INDI on RPI3 I will hold off for now.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moonlight focuser and rotator - anyone using with RPI3 3 months 6 days ago #15337

This is actually quite interesting product and I am considering getting one as well!! I just emailed them and asked for the command set.

Moonlight focuser and rotator - anyone using with RPI3 3 months 6 days ago #15362

Hi,

Well I don't own the NiteCrawler so I don't use a rotator system but I own a CRL2.5 with the HighRes stepper motor module controlled by the miniV2 box. The mini v2 is connected to my RPI3 and it works perfectly. I hope they will communicate the NiteCrawler's specs to Jasem in order he can add the rotator support. It would be very interesting :)

Regards,

Davy

Davy Hubert
Setup : 200/900 Newtonian Scope; Orion Atlas Eq-G mount; Trius-SX694 CCD; SX-Lodestar X2 guide cam; SX FilterWheel; Moonlite Focuser

Moonlight focuser and rotator - anyone using with RPI3 3 months 5 days ago #15388

• maudy
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
It is great to know the CRL works perfectly.

I am hoping Moonlight has away to make the Nightcrawler or its like to work with my EdgeHD 11. As I use the Celestron OAG it is a bit of a challenge with the back focus, so I may be using their CHL instead.

Is it reasonable to think the CHL/Nightcrawler would preform similarly with the CRL?

Moonlight focuser and rotator - anyone using with RPI3 2 months 3 weeks ago #15959

• maudy
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

knro wrote: This is actually quite interesting product and I am considering getting one as well!! I just emailed them and asked for the command set.

Hi,

Please let me know, did Moonlight provide the command set?

I hope to learn this week if the focuser will work with my kit. If it does, and can work with RPI3 I may look to order it.

Thank you

Moonlight focuser and rotator - anyone using with RPI3 2 months 3 weeks ago #15961

Nope they did not respond again. Perhaps you can ask them about it. They have have been busy or something.

Moonlight focuser and rotator - anyone using with RPI3 2 months 2 weeks ago #15973

• maudy
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Will do. I am expecting an update this week on whether they have a solution to fit in my back focus limit. I will ask right after that and report back.

Cheers!

Moonlight focuser and rotator - anyone using with RPI3 2 months 1 week ago #16157

Ok so I just received the command set today, but who has the rotator to test?

Moonlight focuser and rotator - anyone using with RPI3 2 months 1 week ago #16165

• maudy
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
I hope have it in about four weeks, and will let you know as soon as that happens if no one has it before then.

Moonlight focuser and rotator - anyone using with RPI3 1 month 4 weeks ago #16391

• maudy
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
There are delays with the LiteCrawler - a version of the NightCrawler that may work with my C11 - so it will be a bit before I can test with it.

In evaluating the purchase, is it likely that the INDI drivers can allow for:

1. Remembering the focus point for later taking flats?
2. Remember the rotation for a CCD sequence so that flats can be taken later
3. Auto rotate to find a star for guiding when using an Autoguider?

Coding is not foreign to me, I would just need to setup the environment sometime, if it can help.

Moonlight focuser and rotator - anyone using with RPI3 1 month 1 week ago #16719

• maudy
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
I am still waiting on the LiteCrawler for my C11.

Has anyone been able to try a NiteCrawler with Ekos?

I am wondering if I should continue waiting or look for another solution. If the focuser and rotator do not work with Ekos, I may need to look elsewhere.

Moonlight focuser and rotator - anyone using with RPI3 1 month 1 week ago #16730

I'm still waiting for mine, so it will definitely work with Ekos, just a matter of time.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.398 seconds

Login

3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica