INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Mac OSX ASI FW

• Thank you received: 0

Mac OSX ASI FW was created by Daniel Pelzel

Hey everyone, I just downloaded kstars/ekos, I was able to get my MoonLite focuser to connect (most of the time) as well as my Lodestar, ASI1600, but the ZWO 8 position filter wheel will not connect. I found ASI FW under Filter. But that won't connect. Any tips? I am brand new to INDI so forgive me if I am over looking something simple.
6 years 7 months ago #18483

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Mac OSX ASI FW

INDI Version? What platform? Any logs or messages?
6 years 7 months ago #18484

Replied by Daniel Pelzel on topic Mac OSX ASI FW

Sorry, I am very new to all of this. I had not downloaded the INDI server. It looked like it was built into Ekos/kstars.
I just downloaded INDI Server 2.4.1. I opened that first, all of the dots turned green on the stand alone INDI server. I opened up Ekos and it asked if I wanted to close the existing INDI, I said no and it still won't show the FW and also the Moonlite will no longer connect.

** Update, I opened up the INDI server, connected, then ran it as "remote" and it seems to connect. The Moonlite focuser is still only connecting about 50% of the time.

2017-08-14T20:38:43: Failed to connect to port (/dev/cu.usbserial-A504AW6T). Error: Port failure Error: Resource busy. Check if device is connected to this port.
2017-08-14T20:38:43: Failed to connect to port (/dev/cu.Bluetooth-Modem). Error: Port failure Error: Resource busy. Check if device is connected to this port.
2017-08-14T20:38:43: Failed to connect to port (/dev/cu.Bluetooth-Incoming-Port). Error: Port failure Error: Resource busy. Check if device is connected to this port.
2017-08-14T20:38:43: Communication with /dev/cu.usbserial-A504AW6T @ 9600 failed. Starting Auto Search...
2017-08-14T20:38:43: Failed to connect to port (/dev/cu.usbserial-A504AW6T). Error: Port failure Error: Resource busy. Check if device is connected to this port.
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Daniel Pelzel.
6 years 7 months ago #18485

Replied by Daniel Pelzel on topic Mac OSX ASI FW

Ok, MoonLite connected. It does seem to have some issues. Restarting both programs a couple of times seems to help.
A bit off topic, I am playing around inside (mount is outside under the cover so it's not connected) and I can not preview with the camera w/o running autofocus. Is there a way around this? I find I usually need to do manual focus at the start of my sessions to get accurate autofocusing. (Lots of temp shifts and/or bumping focuser)

*Seems deselecting autofocus on filter change fixes it.
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Daniel Pelzel.
6 years 7 months ago #18486

Time to create page: 0.464 seconds