INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Hitech Astro DC focuser problem

• Thank you received: 0
You're right, I Have this one:

Tested it with last Upgrade, 3 hours outside, "real condition", 5000ms polling, speed 50, step 100, all ok
rel position always > 50000, but that's not a pb

If the DC2 use the HID layer over the USB Protocol.... pfouuu :( designed for Windows...
sorry, that's far away of my knowledges
5 years 7 months ago #28368

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I have the protocol documentation if anyone is interested in pursuing this further. I actually tried to communicate with the unit but couldn't get any response. Do you get _any_ response, even if there is no motor attached? Maybe that's my problem.
5 years 7 months ago #28369

• Thank you received: 1
Sorry for the late reply. No time to get my gear set up till now.
I tried both devices the DC focuser controller (see picture in Damien's post):
- works fine when connected to ekos., however even without a motor attached it keeps saying that it moved outward by x steps even though the motor doesn't react because not attached.
- the other model I have, the DC2 focuser controller and also the original problemmaker, seems to connect normally to ekos (green lights allover) but it does not pass anything to the motor when attached (at least the motor doesn't react). It also says " focusing outward/inward by x steps" even though the motor doesn't react.
5 years 7 months ago #28918

• Thank you received: 3
I learned of Ekos last week and started hooking up my gear to my freshly installed Stellarmate OS on an RPi3.

I too struggle with the HitecAstro DC focusser. I set the polling to 5000ms as suggested and that seemed to do the trick. Today I hooked it up again and the same settings did not give me any response on the motor. As I was curious I hooked it up to my laptop where I have used it many times in Sharpcap. As expected it did respond to all focussing commands.
I then hooked it up to the Stellarmate and to my surprise it did respond to all my focussing commands, even with polling set to 500ms....

I even rebooted the stellarmate, and still it did respond fine. Only when I powercycle the HitecAstro DC Focus it will stop responding and whatever I do it will not respond.

I don't know if it helps in fixing this driver, and saving some users a great deal of frustration, but it seems that giving it 1 focus command on my laptop, using Ascom drivers in sharpcap does the trick to activate it. Just make sure you keep it powered.

Cheers,

Marco
5 years 2 months ago #34000

Time to create page: 0.922 seconds